Archery Talk Forum banner

I've come to a conclusion about arrows

1515 Views 48 Replies 17 Participants Last post by  Tfox1
There aren't any made stiff enough for me. .250 appears to be as stiff as they come in "hunting" arrows. I wish someone made .150 spine:(
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

· Registered
10,560 Posts
The Carbon Tech Safari comes in a 200 spine. But only one I can find in the 150 spine is the Gold Tip 30x and not a hunting arrow.. I would have new it would have been you Wes_archer to come up with this tread. Wanted to just say hello to Wes.

· Registered
6,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The Carbon Tech Safari comes in a 200 spine. But only one I can find in the 150 spine is the Gold Tip 30x and not a hunting arrow.. I would have new it would have been you Wes_archer to come up with this tread. Wanted to just say hello to Wes.
CT doesn't list spines and from people I've talked too gold tips aren't as consistant as aluminums.

Only other arrow than aluminum I've shot that matched them are A/C/Cs.

· Registered
10,560 Posts
CT doesn't list spines and from people I've talked too gold tips aren't as consistant as aluminums.

Only other arrow than aluminum I've shot that matched them are A/C/Cs.
I have there 08 arrow booklet and the Safaris are 15.5 gpi and tells anything you want to know on there arrows,N/W,N/A,I/W,spine,S/V AND STRAIGHTNESS. Everything. The Gold Tips come in .001/.003/.006 and have been shooting there arrows for going on 4yrs. now for hunting and spots. Hope you can find what you are looking for Good Luck Badbow

· Registered
7,101 Posts
Just thinking out loud here.
If you used the 100 grain brass inserts on Axis 300s, that would bump up the tip weight and reduce the flex lenth of the shaft back at the same time. Would that work?
I wonder if brass insert can be had for the 250 spine dangerous game shafts? Surely that would be stiff enough, no?
Are axis and axis full metal jackets the same ID? If so the 100 grain brass inserts would be something to look into. Lancasters or 3 rivers will have them.

· Registered
6,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I have there 08 arrow booklet and the Safaris are 15.5 gpi and tells anything you want to know on there arrows,N/W,N/A,I/W,spine,S/V AND STRAIGHTNESS. Everything. The Gold Tips come in .001/.003/.006 and have been shooting there arrows for going on 4yrs. now for hunting and spots. Hope you can find what you are looking for Good Luck Badbow
What is the stiffest hunting arrow they have?

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.