Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I took the plunge and deviated from Darton for the moment (Darton customer since 1991!) and bought a Bowtech Liberty:) I gotta say it is one of the sweetest shooting bows I have ever shot...and I've tried them all, just about.

For those that have the 50-60lb limbs...is it possible to get 63lbs out of them? I'm just curious, I haven't set the bow up yet.

I'm using a Trophy Ridge drop zone, Copper John sight, and Tru-Glo stabilizer....

Any carbon arrow suggestions that offer a good balance of speed and quieting the bow? I'm shooting 29" w/100gr tips...

THNX

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
Welcome to the Fold. I traded my Browning in this year after shooting them for 10 years and all I can say is WOW. I bought the Pro 40 and if I had the funds I think I would buy a different one just so I could say I had 2 of them to play with....:D :D

·
Registered
548 Posts
DT2 - I have a 50-60 lb Liberty that will max out at 62 lbs. I dropped it down to 57 lbs for hunting. I installed a Drop Zone last night but have not had a chance to check the speed yet. I had the new WB on it but I got tired of the fletching looking like my dog chewed them. I shoot the Beman Matrix, 27", 100 grain tip. It works well for me. Good luck with your new bow.

·
U.P. Hunter
4,539 Posts
You can gain a couple of extra pounds by shortening up the split harness cable. Twist both sides of the Y on the harness a couple of turns, make sure you twist them equally. Replace harness and check draw weight.

(X)

·
Oblivious to the Shills
2,557 Posts
Most bows will peak a couple of lbs above stated peak weight, but if it isn't where you want it, you can install a set of the taller limb rockers and get some more lbs. I put a set on a 70 lb Liberty and it peaks at 76 lbs now.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
liberty

Darton Titan 2 my 50-60 liberty maxed at 62.5 lbs and shoots a 415 grain goldtip 255 fps at 29" dw with hush kit peep and d-loop.
Doc Holliday you might want to wait and try the new 05 bowtech they have been talking about.Some say even smoother than the liberty with more speed. If its true i will be buying one and keeping the Liberty for my son:D Thanks Kirk

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
We got'em

We our on our second shipment of Liberties and they are all gone as of yesterday plus the Patriot's are gone and our Might Mites! All we have our several Dulies( that pull like a rock ( I feel) but if you want speed they will get that shaft moving like a rocket!!!) I'm thinking of maybe doing one of the new bows with the new cam system for 05!:D

·
Banned
4,304 Posts
D T 2, congrats on the new bow. Like 500fps said, try the tall limb rockers. I shoot PSE Radial Weave 300s, with a 100 gr Magnus Stinger out of my Liberty. 380 gr total with 4" AAE vanes. Shooting darts at 275 (64#, 29").

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Where do you get taller limb rockers?

·
Registered
2,880 Posts
Darton Titan 2 said:
Well I took the plunge and deviated from Darton for the moment (Darton customer since 1991!) and bought a Bowtech Liberty:) I gotta say it is one of the sweetest shooting bows I have ever shot...and I've tried them all, just about.

For those that have the 50-60lb limbs...is it possible to get 63lbs out of them? I'm just curious, I haven't set the bow up yet.

I'm using a Trophy Ridge drop zone, Copper John sight, and Tru-Glo stabilizer....

Any carbon arrow suggestions that offer a good balance of speed and quieting the bow? I'm shooting 29" w/100gr tips...

THNX
YOU ARE SHOOTING UNDER THE INFLUENCE!!!

BowTech Influence :D

Congrats on coming over to the other side :cool:

Samantha Smith

·
Registered
10,965 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.