• Magnus Buzzcut

Votes: 122 29.8%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Embrace the suck!
7,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which would you recommend for a big, muddy, rutting bull elk?

·
Wisconsin Bowhunter
1,518 Posts
well the one I would recommend (Muzzy) isn't in the poll.

·
Registered
8,069 Posts
i see 2 out of the 3 i am considering with my #1 being the Buzzcut then its a toss up between the ST Mag and Muzzy mx4

·
Embrace the suck!
7,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
2 Reasons

Why the terminals over the shuttle-t?
1. They are not shiny chrome.

2. In my mind the consistent blade angle of the Terminals will result in a better cut and deeper penetration on tough hide and tissue. But I haven't done any testing, it's all my perception of how the design will perform.

·
Embrace the suck!
7,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i see 2 out of the 3 i am considering with my #1 being the Buzzcut then its a toss up between the ST Mag and Muzzy mx4
Are you referring to the Muzzy Phantom MX-4 or the regular MX-4? The Phantom looks kind of intriguing. Too many choices.

·
Registered
8,069 Posts
Are you referring to the Muzzy Phantom MX-4 or the regular MX-4? The Phantom looks kind of intriguing. Too many choices.
the regular mx4. havent looked at the Phantoms yet.

·
Registered
6,497 Posts
a1hoyt.ca

Terminel T Locks are your best bet great penatration and great blood trails you wont second guess your self later go Termenal T Lock Bh.

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
I assume Buzzcut 4 blades?, since the ST is a four blade.
Buzzcut 4 blade or ST, I perfer 4 blade heads.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Out of those listed ( all good choices ) I'd take the Tricks. However, you should also look at the Steel Force Phathead. Strong, sharp, flies great and cut on contact.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Put a picture of each on a dartboard. Blindfold yourself. Spin a couple times and toss a dart at them.

All four are high quality proven heads and will do the job VERY well!
Posted via Mobile Device

·
My Elk Hunting Home
32,332 Posts
If it was me, I would shoot all four heads several times at 60 yards and see which head flies the best out of your setup. Then I'd choose that head. If you're worried about the penetration of the Shuttle T, then I'd scrap the Slick Trick from the list. However, the other three should penetrate equally well, as well as the Shuttle T will.;)

·
Registered
407 Posts
I voted for the G5 Striker, but Magnus Buzzcuts are a close second. Honestly, all are great heads, and you can't go wrong with any of them.

·
Registered
6,583 Posts
i will get slammed for this but here goes.....i would stay away from a 2 blade magnus...i used these for a couple years and just a month ago had problems with them again. if you take a 1/4ing away shot and hit a rib on the way in you won't go in, well you have a 50% chance your blade will follow the ribs to the shoulder blade and stay outside the cage......this has happened to me twice and to a buddy of mine once.

as for other choice.... i have used slick trick for 2 years and they have been very good heads, only problem is blades dull pretty quickly......

i will be trying a couple differant heads this year, the shuttle t's are on that short list.....:darkbeer:

·
Registered
17,328 Posts
I'll cast a vote for the Tricks! Best dang fixed blade b-head I've ever used/seen!

·
<--Son's First Buck!
8,967 Posts
the terminal t's remind me of the old rocket ultimate steel heads (prior to trophy ridge)...the design looks very similar. does anyone know if there are blade retention issues with the terminal t's?

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
All good heads but I would go w/ the Buzzcut, hands down. The best all around head ever IMO.

·
Fat Jesus
29,130 Posts
the terminal t's remind me of the old rocket ultimate steel heads (prior to trophy ridge)...the design looks very similar. does anyone know if there are blade retention issues with the terminal t's?
I havent shot the Terminal T-Lock but I've shot the Shuttle T's alot in the past and I wouldnt think there would be a blade retention issue with the Terminal since it's built just like the Shuttle T other than the blade design. In my opinion the Shuttle T-Locks are the best fixed blade heads on the market "well I guess SilverFlames are better". If I were elk hunting this year I'd be packing a quiver full of Shuttle T's. I'm not gonna call names but I do know of one Pro shooter "he hunts ALOT too" that shoots Shuttle's, he tested the Terminal and he said it was a great head but he likes the Shuttle T's better...He said they flew better for him at long range. Keep inmind he's not the average guy, he can shoot better groups at 100yds than most of us can at 50yds, lol.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts