Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
28,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever see a fox eat corn? Had a fawn wiz by my stand last night and knew something had spooked it. Couple of minutes later a small fox came by, detoured in my corn pile and started eating :confused:

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
oh yeah they don't just eat furry critters. Coyotes are the same way they will also eat persimmons among other things.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Back in Texas, we fed hi-pro year round. Had pics of coyotes and foxes both just gorging themselves on the stuff.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
yeah had one eatin fruit in the door yard once or twice

·
Banned
11,666 Posts
I used to trap and caught many with apple for bait. They eat anything they can find including vegies and fruit, not just meat.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
i bait before season and have seen in one sitting 4 *****, two red foxes and 1 grey fox. if i see one this year that has a nice red coat, i'll shoot it and have it mounted. i think a red with a nice thick coat would be awsome to have mounted!

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Heck thats nothin, just the other day I seen a squirrel kill a coyote and then drag him up an oak tree and eat him and yes I'm serious.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Roadrunner said:
Heck thats nothin, just the other day I seen a squirrel kill a coyote and then drag him up an oak tree and eat him and yes I'm serious.
We have bad-ass squirrels here in Indiana. :eek:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts