Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to get a lease/hunt lined up for next year and found a place in Jackson county. Saw where they have some great duck/goose hunting but couldn't find too much about deer quality. Good deer by Illinois standards?

Thanks

·
Registered
31 Posts
I live near Jackson county and just secured a lease for the remainder of this season and next. Great place....lots of crops...soybeans and corn mainly. Always a chance for a trophy

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. The crops are what got my attention when looking at aerials. Also doesn't seem to be as many outfitters as other parts of the state which I think is good. Good amt of turkeys?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Lots of turkeys! Good luck finding leases and plan on spending some dollars. Depending on the quality of the ground expect to pay around $20 per acre for the season.

·
Registered
292 Posts
no deer no turkey, no crops. ok thats BS i live on the Jackson Williamson Co line, hunted here all my life, we are under rated in size and number of deer. my father just killed a 150B&C this year, i have a few 130s and a road kill i picked up that goes over 170. if you get more specific i might no more about the area you are looking at. good luck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts