Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all! I've been hunting around for a new 3D and Hunting bow and think that the Rival Pro might be one to consider. I currently own 2 Conquest 2's (1 for hunting, 1 for 3D) but I want a different bow to do both. I think I can get a deal on used Rival Pro but am curious if I can get one to use a 30" or 31" maxcam. My draw length on my Conquests is 30.5 + a 1/2" loop making my total draw length 31". I understand that Jeff Hopkins uses one of these bows and he has got to be a longer draw than the 30" max draw length of the Rival. So what would be his cam and string length combo be for this bow? Can I just swap the maxcam out for whichever length I need? How would it affect limb poundage? Any info would be very appreciated. Thanks, Rob.

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh. I thought he used one. Oh well, Does anyone know if I can swap cams on the rival pro to bring the draw length up?

·
Lefty Senior Member
2,825 Posts
Not to a max cam. Would require a new idler, string and cable, and probably new limbs. I know if you switch from a max to a mini you lose five pounds on the limbs so I would think the reverse is true.

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't know if I would want to go through all the bother! Thanks for replying. Since were both on, what shop do you deal with in Mi.?

·
Lefty Senior Member
2,825 Posts
I used to own Ultimate archery in Clinton Twp.. But I am currently shopless as the new owner has asked me to not come into the shop.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts