Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a Jennings Buckmaster bow with sights, a quiver, four arrows, an overdraw, a Scott release, and a softshell case at a pawnshop. Got it all for $150.00! I know I got a great deal, but I cant find any info about the older Buckmasters. The bow looks like new, but I believe it is a couple of years old because the sights (Texonics) look a little older, and the covers on the prongs on the rest are a little worn. Can anyone give me some info on this bow, or tell me where to get it? It is a single cam.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Bought a Buckmaster 2000 a 3 years ago from cabelas for $250.00 brand new. It was the first solo cam I would own. Was hunting with a Martin at that time and really liked it, so did not set up the Buckmaster right away. Found I really liked the extra let-off on the Buckmaster, which is 75% vs 65% on the Martin. This really makes a difference if you have to hold for any lenght of time. I also liked the Buckmasters narrow grip. The Buckmaster bow had quite a bit of hand shock when shot, but I put a short stabilizer on it and it eliminated most of it. Over the last couple years, I have taken a couple deer plus a couple pigs with this bow. I still plan to use it as a back-up as I have recently bought a new Hoyt.
I seems you got a good deal, especially with the added accessories.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts