Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Spot Shooter
2,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a friend who has this bow and is switching over to a release from fingers. We need to shorten the draw length on it so I'm looking for some help on the adjustments. It's sticker says 29" draw. What ways can it be adjusted from the 29"?

Here is what I see on the bottom cam viewing it from the rest side of the bow. (Right hand model)

The string comes around the cam and attaches to an adjustment peg that is in a slot. The peg is currently to the top or closes end to where the string first comes around the cam. What does this adjustment do?

The cable comes to the cam and there is an adjustment peg for that. It has three positions to be set in. It's currently in the middle position. What does this adjustment do? If it's also for draw length which way do I move it to shorten the draw and what increments are both adjustments for.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. No manual with the bow.

·
Spot Shooter
2,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Will have to try that site from home. It's blocked out at work.:sad:

·
Registered
9,398 Posts
Rule of thumb

Moving the string post away from where the string enters the part of the cam where the string post is will shorten the draw. You said it is now closest to the entry point, so the draw can be shortened by moving the post in the slot until it is farther away from the entry point. Since it is a slot, you should be able to move it until the draw length is right. This basically tightens or shortens the effective string length, which will shorten the draw, and also take a few # off the draw weight. Cable adjustments do the opposite. Lengthening the cable shortens draw length and decreases draw weight, shortening the cable does the opposite. Since it is in the middle position, you could move it into the shorter position to reduce draw length and weight.

·
Spot Shooter
2,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Joe PA

Couldn't access the site mentioned at work.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts