Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have any of you had some experiance with Jennings bows that you can share?

·
Registered
7,100 Posts
Jeffery said:
Have any of you had some experiance with Jennings bows that you can share?
They used to make a good bow... haven't heard anything much from them lately other then they are now owned by North American Archery Group, NAAG isn't known for their quality however they are getting better.

Are you looking at a particular model?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dredly said:
They used to make a good bow... haven't heard anything much from them lately other then they are now owned by North American Archery Group, NAAG isn't known for their quality however they are getting better.

Are you looking at a particular model?
Not realy. I was also under the impression that they use to make good quality bows and found it strange that no one realy talks about them any more. Now I know why.

Thanks for the information.

·
Registered
7,100 Posts
Jeffery said:
Not realy. I was also under the impression that they use to make good quality bows and found it strange that no one realy talks about them any more. Now I know why.

Thanks for the information.
No problem,

they are right there with Fred Bear, slowly coming around but I would stay away for now unless you really love the bow.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dredly said:
No problem,

they are right there with Fred Bear, slowly coming around but I would stay away for now unless you really love the bow.
I’m actually thinking of replacing my Mathews FX with something better and thought about Jennings (that was until you gave me a bit of information). At the moment I’m not sure whether to go for a Martin (do they really make the most accurate bows in the world?) or, perhaps go for the PSE Mojo that I shot with the other day.

I’m not to sure what product support I can expect from Martin and living in South Africa, product support is a big factor to consider when buying this type of equipment. PSE on the other hand has an authorised dealer right where I live and it does make sense to rather go that route. Maybe its time I get over my mental block regarding PSE’s bows as that Mojo actually felt and handled very nicely indeed.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Jennings is owned by Esclade Sports. The new 31.5" stalker and the 34" reliant are Very Good bows!!! They are made very well. they have parallel limbs with machined aluminum riser with a double taper lock limb cup. They also have the j rev cam on them. Also, they have a tech twist string and limb savers and string leeches come standard. the limbs are compression -molded carbon fiber. They are great.:)

·
Registered
805 Posts
I had some problems with cracking/breaking limbs on my CK 4.0 (2005 model). Jennings (Escalade Sports) customer service was awesome and their turn around time from the factory was great and the bow is awesome now.

·
Registered
811 Posts
My last Bow was a Jennings Carbon Extreme, Great bow back in its day. A little heavy compared to today's bows. I'm surprised they haven't kept up with all the others. I'm sure they will come out with something soon.

·
Registered
903 Posts
My buddy just got the reliant from jennings about two months ago it is one sweet bow specially for the price. The bow really improved his shooting also. I am a bowtech fanatic and wouldnt own anything else but I would consider a new reliant or strike from jennings.

·
Banned
910 Posts
i think Jennings and Bear bow models are basically the same, just different camo and graphics.I dont think they are marketing anything under the Gloden Eagle label.

·
Registered
303 Posts
bows

I bought a Jennings Rackmaster new in '97. I just replaced it this year with a Bowtech Tribute. The bow is still a shooter and has been a quality machine. I still like it.
Kevin

1 - 12 of 12 Posts