Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a custom recurve made for me by Jim Brackenbury in about 1990. Unfortunately as many of you know Jim passed away several years ago. It is his top of the line (at that time) Shadow, gray lam maple with purple heart or bubinga accent in limb and riser. Left handed, 60# @ 28", and 62" long. Got the custom case, quiver, handmade strings, stringer and brochures too. Good as new condition. Paid almost $500 for all this at the time. Anybody know what it is worth now?

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Boy, I have no idea but it sure sounds nice to me. Some southpaw ought to grab onto this if you're selling. It's kind of like a little bit of archery history.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Need the cash

Bclose,
If you don't need the money I wouldn't sell it. If that bow was made by Mr. B (rip) himself it will be worth more later down the road. Man I wish I was left handed. Our you a lefty?
Good luck
Out for now

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Considering selling

Ex-Diver,
I'll bet you're right. I was considering selling, but not in any hurry. It is signed by Mr. Brackenbury and displays beautifully. It seems I only find time to shoot it once in a while, but it is pretty sweet.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I had one just like it and had a hard time getting $325 for it. It was signed and had the quiver and everything. Don't sell it, you'll wish you hadn't.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts