Archery Talk Forum banner
  • Enter in this new Contest Sponsored by Walmart for your chance to win a $400 gift just in time for the 4th of July! HERE Contest Ends on the 30th.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5,613 Posts
Nothing against Jim's Cd as I have it. Check on Amazon.com of just do a google search for it, bound to be some out there somewhere.

But there are some great additional options out there, Elknuts stuff is great too as well as Cory Jacobsons.

·
Registered
859 Posts
I'll second the recommendation for Elknut's products. As far as I'm concerned he is THE elk communication guru. You can learn a LOT about elk calling from his DVDs and CDs, from cow calls and bugling, to understanding as best anyone can, what they're saying when they're "talking", and just as importantly, how to respond as well as when and when NOT to call. I've learn SO much from his products.

·
Corripe Cervisiam
22,531 Posts
Woah, there is a blast from the past. I met Jim Horn over 25 years ago on an elk hunt in the Strawberries in Oregon. He was hunting with another great shooter Randy Broadhead. That was while Jim was still a cop and before all of his self promotional stuff- nice guy. No clue about his video.....

·
" I can do that for ya "
3,051 Posts
Woah, there is a blast from the past. I met Jim Horn over 25 years ago on an elk hunt in the Strawberries in Oregon. He was hunting with another great shooter Randy Broadhead. That was while Jim was still a cop and before all of his self promotional stuff- nice guy. No clue about his video.....
Gary Broadhead ? I see them both several times a yr but haven't seen the CD in years

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
I've talked with Jim several times, he's a great down to earth guy, I'm sure the CD is very good but have not listened to it. Not sure where one can be had?

ElkNut1

·
WapitiBob
6,935 Posts
I live 5 minutes from Broadhead. Talked to him yesterday. I have the cd somewhere, I'll look and post the files on google drive if you can burn them or I can create an iso for you. Gimme a cpl days.
Horns playing golf and fishing now days.

·
THE ORIGINAL
9,186 Posts
Anyone know where I can get a copy?
You will be waisting your money in my opinion with ANY of the so called "How to speak Elk" videos. Go and read some of Chris Roe's stuff, or just youtube Cory Jacobsen's seminars. He keeps it simple, and he gets it... JMHO

·
WapitiBob
6,935 Posts
Jim isn't an Elk Whisperer, never has been, never claimed to be. He outlines the calling sequence he uses for calling silent Elk. Essentially creating herd talk.

·
THE ORIGINAL
9,186 Posts
Jim isn't an Elk Whisperer, never has been, never claimed to be. He outlines the calling sequence he uses for calling silent Elk. Essentially creating herd talk.
Agreed...^

1 - 19 of 19 Posts