Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With great regret I was notified that Jim passed away at his shop this afternoon. He will be missed as a great family man, honest businessman and friend to many. Prayers to his family please.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
my prayers sent to family & friends

d'x

·
Registered
8,914 Posts
Jim Sullivan

For those of you that did not know Jim, he was a good man and his death is a tremendous loss to the archery community. I considered Jim my "local" Mathews dealer, even though I passed another and had to drive over an hour to get to his shop, because of the kind of man he was. I did not know Jim that well, but will still miss him.

Jim was not that old and his sudden passing was unexpected and a shock. He has left behind a family to include a wife and two sons. I understand the pain they are feeling and my prayers go out to them.

Jim was to put on his last 3D shoot of the year this weekend. A few of the guys that helped put his shoots on are planning to put the shoot on anyway. They intend to make it a benefit shoot with all the money going to Jim's family. If you want to make a difference, or make an impression on the minds of a man's family, come out and shoot. I will post more info on the shoot when I get it. It will be in Linton, Indiana. Jim's shop's website was www.willowpointarchery.com. You can get directions there.

·
Smoke check!
661 Posts
Jim "Great guy" Sullivan

For the ones that did not know Jim...wow what at tremendous loss. I went to Jim for any problem that I had and we would fix my bow anytime for nothing or a little of nothing.

The first time I ever met Jim...I went into his shop to buy a Loggy Bayou climbing stand and he didn't have any. He said that he would order me one if I wanted and I told him that would be nice but I was leaving in two days to go to Kentucky to hunt (this was before the Indiana season started). He says "I have a brand new API stand in the back and you can take it and then pick your stand up when you come back." Of course I said "are you sure" and he said "yeah, just bring it back". He never asked me my name, phone number or anything...just let me take it. Of course I took it and continued being friends with him and bought the Loggy and hated it. He then traded out for the API for me.

I have bought a Switchback from him and a Summit among many other things...what a great guy, I cannot say enough good things about him.

·
Registered
5,525 Posts
Sorry too hear about Jim

I have shot several tournaments there a few years ago. It was a good place to shoot. The shoots were well run and a clean place for tournaments. Charlie

·
Registered
8,914 Posts
Memorial Shoot

The shoot at WillowPoint will begin monday at 8AM. It will be a 30 target shoot with a couple novelty/fun shots. Shoot fee is $7. All proceeds will go to Jim's family. I hope a lot of people can turn out.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Jim Sullivan

My prayers Go out too the family & friends. I for one did'nt know the Man, Nor had i ever heard of, living up in Northern Indiana, But by some of the post he would have been welcomed in my camp anytime! I sure hope you southern brothers can fill the place up for the shoot?????

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Jim

the shoot is actualy sunday not monday. I say we all go and make it the biggest shoot ever. Jim was the only person I would let work on my bows.(and his son Cody.) I also passed up other Mathews dealers on my hour drive to Jim's. Mainly because of the kind of person he was.
We'll all miss ya Jimmy

·
Registered
5 Posts
Will be sadly missed.

We have shot at Jim's the past 6 years. He was a true friend and will be deeply missed by our family. Lots of good times will always be remembered. Our love and prayers go out to his family.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Jim was one of mine and my husbands best friends. He was a great man, a great friend and a wonderful family man. Words can not express the lost that the archery community has now experienced. .........Jim if you can see this now know that you were truly loved and will be sadly missed....."the nice old guy with the beard." We are better for knowing you....Love always Earl & Tina

·
Registered
415 Posts
My prayers are with his family.

I've known Jim since Earl and Tina first introduced me several years ago. He always went out of his way to help me and make me feel special. The only thing is he did the same for everyone that knew him. He will certainly be missed and his passing leaves a huge void in the lives of his family and friends. Indiana and the archery community as a whole have lost an irreplaceable man. My heart and prayers go out to his family. Brett R. Smith

·
Registered
6 Posts
arrangements for Jim Sullivan

Visitation is Wednesday 4-9 at Welch Cornett Funeral Home on Vincennes Street in Linton Funeral in Thursday @ 1pm at First Christian Church in Linton.

·
Broke and Happy
5,001 Posts
I've stopped by the shop on a couple of occasions and on each time Jim was always great to deal with. I hate to hear of his passing and I send my prayers to his family.

·
Registered
8,914 Posts
Jim's funeral was today. I didn't make it up but my brother-in-law said it was very fitting for a man so dedicated to archery. He said during the service at the cemetary they had 60 or 70 archers,all at once, fire an arrow high an into the air into a field. I guess they collected the arrows and are going to make a wreath out of them. Jim would have enjoyed that I think. Hope to see a lot of people at the shoot Sunday. I think it is a 40 target shoot now.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts