Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jimmy
I was at Roy's today & he told me to put the word out to you , Kenny & Doug.
He is ording his new Bow shortly, & all of you need to watch your back because Roy is(im) coming & you might even see him at VEGAS. HIS words :D

He will be at the states also.
I think you need to call him & get it from the horse's mouth. That is if you got an hr or two to talk :cool:

Just passing on what I was asked to.
Brent

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
I recently got to chat with Jim. (It was one of the most pleasant conversations I've had in quite a while. Thanks, Jim!) One of the things he asked me was what my aspirations where in archery. I told him it was to go to Vegas and kick his butt. :D We both laughed. But he was happy about it. He really likes to see people have big goals in their lives. Too many people don't have any goals or give up on them too easily. We talked a bit about what it takes to do well at Vegas.

Plan on shooting 30 to 50 thousand arrows this year. Plan on spending 5 or 6 hours a day practicing. You'll need to find a good coach. Don't fling arrows. Every arrow needs to be shot with a purpose. Plan on shooting lots of tournaments, both big and small, to get used to shooting under pressure.

Plan on working on your mental game. A large part of shooting well is being in the right state of mind. If there is ANY doubt about the arrow going into the center of the target it is not going to.

Every time you stand up on the line you need to look at the target and tell your self that the arrow is going into the center and just know that it is with every part of your being. Anything less is insufficient.

Good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts