Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Banned
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am very sorry for putting this in Gen Pop but I have tried contacting you by PM several times regarding a couple of issues but haven't received a response. Just wondering if you got my PM's or if you're PO'd at me for some reason??? LOL

I need some info on the new Bengal as I have sold my Hoyt and will be placing an order by the middle of next week. More importantly, I fouled up and deleted the PM I did get from you with the part number for the 28.5" DL mods on the 1997 Prowler. My buddy wants to order them and was hoping I could get the number before tomorrow afternoon when we head to the Martin Dealer.

Please get in touch with me at your earliest convenience. Thank you.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
GolfinHunter said:
I am very sorry for putting this in Gen Pop but I have tried contacting you by PM several times regarding a couple of issues but haven't received a response. Just wondering if you got my PM's or if you're PO'd at me for some reason??? LOL

I need some info on the new Bengal as I have sold my Hoyt and will be placing an order by the middle of next week. More importantly, I fouled up and deleted the PM I did get from you with the part number for the 28.5" DL mods on the 1997 Prowler. My buddy wants to order them and was hoping I could get the number before tomorrow afternoon when we head to the Martin Dealer.

Please get in touch with me at your earliest convenience. Thank you.
It wouldn't hurt to call them. They're very busy this time of year, and I've had my best luck getting information from Martin by just calling them and asking.

·
Banned
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ex-NFO said:
It wouldn't hurt to call them. They're very busy this time of year, and I've had my best luck getting information from Martin by just calling them and asking.
Are they open on Saturdays? If so, I will call them.

·
Registered
24,470 Posts
what would you like to know about the bengal......i might be able to answer your questions on it......

smooth shooter....has decent speed.....no hand shock or forward hop......has the adjustable draw modules......goes up to about a 30 inch draw.....the bengal seems to hold and balance out very easily.....shoots awesome groups with just about any and every broadhead ive experimented with....

·
In 'Da Head
24,266 Posts
Everybody at Martin is like a one-legged man in a butt kicking contest (working hard and very busy:wink:), so they don't check AT PM's as regularly as normal or eat and sleep for that matter. As OBT said if you have a general question...post up. If not, try calling them on Monday.

·
Banned
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Okay guys, thanks! Here is what I would like to know about the Bengal:

I have a 29.5" DL. What module should I use?

When does the new Realtree APG pattern go on sale and can I pre-order one?

Why does the home page say $399 but when you click on purchase the price is $419 (not that the $20 would change my mind)?

How many stabilizer holes will it have? And where will the stab mount? (Front or Rear)

Are the DW's in 10, or 15 pound increments?

If I buy from martins website, can I request UPS for shipping? I hate FedEx.

How do I know what percentage of LetOff I should use?

What are all the grip options (I'm right handed)?

Was this bow partially designed with certain accessories in mind? If so, what are they?

Will this bow accept other Martin cams if for some very, very, very slim chance I am not happy with the M-Pro?

I'm sure I have more. Too excited right now to even think straight. I have tried lloking for a lot of this stuff on martins site but they don't have it all up yet cuz it's new and all.

One last thing for now....Who's the guy shooting the Bengal in the video???? Just curious!

·
Registered
24,470 Posts
GolfinHunter said:
Okay guys, thanks! Here is what I would like to know about the Bengal:

I have a 29.5" DL. What module should I use? its comes in a mod pack-one of the mods in the pack will be the correct fit

When does the new Realtree APG pattern go on sale and can I pre-order one?not sure when the new colors go on sale-i heard around oct

Why does the home page say $399 but when you click on purchase the price is $419 (not that the $20 would change my mind)?good question-ive seen all the ads say 399...perhaps thats price shipped

How many stabilizer holes will it have? And where will the stab mount? (Front or Rear) it only has the front stablizer hole-so mount it off the front

Are the DW's in 10, or 15 pound increments?most of the martin bows come in draw weight ranges of 15 pounds

If I buy from martins website, can I request UPS for shipping? I hate FedEx.im not sure on this

How do I know what percentage of LetOff I should use?trial and error....what works best for you...only you can determine

What are all the grip options (I'm right handed)?not sure-i have the one that has rubber coating-seems like a great grip

Was this bow partially designed with certain accessories in mind? If so, what are they? i use the martin whisker bisquit rest on mine....i use doinker stablizer.....no side or back weights needed for me...i use the dead nuts hunting sight 3pin

Will this bow accept other Martin cams if for some very, very, very slim chance I am not happy with the M-Pro? i dont know this answer....im not sure if the bengal was made for any other cam than the one on it

I'm sure I have more. Too excited right now to even think straight. I have tried lloking for a lot of this stuff on martins site but they don't have it all up yet cuz it's new and all.

One last thing for now....Who's the guy shooting the Bengal in the video???? Just curious!
havent seen the video...but they juse martin lotz for alot of there demo stuff

·
In 'Da Head
24,266 Posts
I'll see if I can fill in the blanks where OBT was uncertain. The $410 price directly from Martin is most likely not to undercut or deprive their dealers...so dealer price is $399 whereas Martin has to up the price a bit $410 in this case. If they didn't dealers would lose business (not good for vendor-dealer relationship). The new Martin catalog breaks Oct 2 from what I am told. I believe there are a couple dealers that have the new Realtree APG in stock.
It looks like this
http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=347672

·
Banned
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Doc said:
I'll see if I can fill in the blanks where OBT was uncertain. The $410 price directly from Martin is most likely not to undercut or deprive their dealers...so dealer price is $399 whereas Martin has to up the price a bit $410 in this case. If they didn't dealers would lose business (not good for vendor-dealer relationship). The new Martin catalog breaks Oct 2 from what I am told. I believe there are a couple dealers that have the new Realtree APG in stock.
It looks like this
http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=347672
The video is pretty neat. When you visit the homepage, click on the Bengal there and then there is a little red link that says click here for short video.

Doc...Yeah, I was following that thread pretty closely. The price thing makes sense. I thought maybe it was $399 for the bow then $20 shipping. I will more than likely end up getting it directly from Martin because my local shop doesn't "stock" anything. He is a Martin dealer but you pay, then he orders. Might as well just buy from the site and cut out the middleman.

·
Banned
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
OBT...thanks for all the answers. Does the letoff percentage affect the speed at all? Also, with a "mod-pack" does that mean I will have to take it to the pro shop to have mods changed out? Or is it just different holes on the mods for different settings? Thanks again all!

·
Registered
24,470 Posts
GolfinHunter said:
OBT...thanks for all the answers. Does the letoff percentage affect the speed at all? Also, with a "mod-pack" does that mean I will have to take it to the pro shop to have mods changed out? Or is it just different holes on the mods for different settings? Thanks again all!

dude....you seem to be alot like me.....there aint much i can do with working on a bow.....but rest easy.....changing a mod is one of the very few things i can do on a bow....you dont need a press or anything....just a allen and unscrew and take off the a,b,c mod and interchange it with the correct one.....

you and i are alot like cole trickle......or ricky bobby.....were drivers...not bow chiefs......

for future reference......you need to find you a few units to work on your bows.....i always have one unit bow chief and one assistant unit bow chief on duty.....and they always make the best arrow fletchers.....they hate the messy gluey getting on the shafts

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
it is 419 on the web site so they are not taking sales from dealers for those that have a dealer in there area. if not u can buy from the web site but u gotta pay an extra twenty plus shipping

·
In 'Da Head
24,266 Posts
onebowtie said:
....or ricky bobby.....were drivers...not bow chiefs......
The Ricky Bobby analogy would be very fitting if you had the Martin Cougar....also I would like to thank Powerade sports drink for giving me the energy to type out this post:wink:

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Shake-N-Bake baby I got a C4..

I need to know if any of you have a chart for the martins? I think I got sent the wrong limbs I have the dyna cam and the limb numbers are 6H, although the limb tag says 55-70 I am righ at 60 and can't turn the bolts no more..

·
Banned
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Sonja said:
I sent you a PM
PM answered, Sonja. Thanks.

OBT...how was that movie? Talladega Nights? I wanted to see that soooo bad but didn't get a chance to get to the theatres before it left my town. I would love to have someone that I could rely on to keep ol' Betty (that's what I'm gonna name her) in specs and fixed up. In order for me to do that though I would have to ship my bow to someone and have it done. There's only one Martin dealer within 130 miles of me. Unfortunately the dealer locator on most sites are off on their distance as is this one. The dealer here only works 3 hours per night between 6-9 PM. I have to be in bed by 8 PM to get up for work in the mornings, and since he is 50 miles away the hours just wont work for me.

Either way, I am bound and determined to get this bow. My hands feel violated and will not be cleansed until the touch of Martin metal has been laid upon them.

·
In 'Da Head
24,266 Posts
GolfinHunter said:
how was that movie? Talladega Nights? I wanted to see that soooo bad but didn't get a chance to get to the theatres before it left my town.
I would answer that question but "I'm all hopped up on Mountain Dew':wink:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts