Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Karaoke! At the Coach's Seminar in Colorado Springs, John stepped into the phone booth and showed another talent. Sorry John, had to spill the beans. Don't know if you all ever heard John sing, but the boy can really let it out. You do your fellow Texan's proud. Great voice.

Also, John is an excellent coach. He explains things very clearly and has a lot of patience. Thanks for all the help John!

·
Archery Coach
23,292 Posts
Footsteps said:
Karaoke! At the Coach's Seminar in Colorado Springs, John stepped into the phone booth and showed another talent. Sorry John, had to spill the beans. Don't know if you all ever heard John sing, but the boy can really let it out. You do your fellow Texan's proud. Great voice.

Also, John is an excellent coach. He explains things very clearly and has a lot of patience. Thanks for all the help John!
real bummer that STAR SEARCH was cancelled a few years ago.:wink:

·
Registered
962 Posts
Jim C said:
real bummer that STAR SEARCH was cancelled a few years ago.:wink:
There is always "American Idol". Can he sing and shoot at the same time? Maybe "Shot Thru the Heart", and "Hit Me With Your Best Shot" could be his signature songs? Anyone think of any others?

·
Archery Coach
23,292 Posts
Steve N said:
There is always "American Idol". Can he sing and shoot at the same time? Maybe "Shot Thru the Heart", and "Hit Me With Your Best Shot" could be his signature songs? Anyone think of any others?
maybe he could slither into some slinky lizard skin leotard and shoot a bow with his feet to music like that contortionist did on AMERICA'S GOT TALENT

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
I think his wife probably forced him to do it just so we could have something funny to talk about. LOL.

Look out Pavarati.

·
Premium Member
20,334 Posts
Sing it, John....Sing it!:)

·
Genesis 21:20
21,661 Posts
Gee, Thanks Rod... ha, ha, ha.

You showed a lot of restraint there buddy. What did it take? A whole 48 hours for you to spill the beans? LOL. I knew it would be posted here sooner or later. Too many witnesses!

You gotta admit though - we had a good time ;)

It was great getting to know you and the other great folks at the seminar.

Oh, and just let me know when you want a re-match at darts :tongue:

John.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sorry I never got to hear you sing. Congrats on two of your students (Forrest made the Junior World Championship team, Lee Stewart got accepted to ARCO Training Center). What's new in Southern Ill? Am really missing the everyone. Say hi for me. Mark

·
Archery Coach
23,292 Posts
limbwalker said:
Gee, Thanks Rod... ha, ha, ha.

You showed a lot of restraint there buddy. What did it take? A whole 48 hours for you to spill the beans? LOL. I knew it would be posted here sooner or later. Too many witnesses!

You gotta admit though - we had a good time ;)

It was great getting to know you and the other great folks at the seminar.

Oh, and just let me know when you want a re-match at darts :tongue:

John.

so much for what goes on in Colorado Springs stays in Colorado springs. Next time I will check out the performance

·
Archery Coach
23,292 Posts
EC0003 said:
or in this case mabe video
the alleged pictures have been subpoened by the local constabulary and the "Morals Committee"

·
Registered
145 Posts
What Song!?!

·
Archery Coach
23,292 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Jim C said:
Probably some ABBA:eek: :wink:

LOL!!!:D

Question who is ABBA!!!!!:confused:

·
Archery Coach
23,292 Posts
girlarchery said:
LOL!!!:D

Question who is ABBA!!!!!:confused:
Think Four Swedes singing syrupy pop stuff like DANCING QUEEN. 70's sugary disco stuff. They actually were probably selling as many records as Led Zep at some point. (You do know Led Zeppelin I hope)

here you go

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ABBA

·
21,661 Posts
Jim,

You're going to strip away the little bit of dignity I had left, aren't you... :embara:

No ABBA (thankfully). I'd have been thrown out for that. Although I did have a request for some Uncle Cracker :confused: The sad part is I actually knew the song...The sadder part is that I actually sang it! But mostly I stick to country, being a displaced Texan and all...

I'm blaming Jennie Richardson. Her and Rod Menzer got me into this!

(That's my story and I'm sticking to it!).

John.

·
Archery Coach
23,292 Posts
limbwalker said:
Jim,

You're going to strip away the little bit of dignity I had left, aren't you... :embara:

No ABBA (thankfully). I'd have been thrown out for that. Although I did have a request for some Uncle Cracker :confused: The sad part is I actually knew the song...The sadder part is that I actually sang it! But mostly I stick to country, being a displaced Texan and all...

I'm blaming Jennie Richardson. Her and Rod Menzer got me into this!

(That's my story and I'm sticking to it!).

John.

:wink: :wink: :wink: OK I was just guessing. It takes a real macho man to do ABBA. any slug can do say Ozzie or Metallica

Uncle Cracker-don't know that one. I am an aging acid rocker (without the chemicals) LZ, Grateful Dead, Who, Traffic with some Clash and Fairport Convention thrown in for some balance.

·
Archery Coach
23,292 Posts
Steve N said:
Why do I think alcohol was a factor somehow?
don't be casting aspersions about a fellow fed:wink: . I can vouch John was up bright and early the next day so clearly there was no overdoing it

·
21,661 Posts
Yup, when the evening fun begins to interfere with the 6:30 P.T., it's time to cut back...

Honestly, I should have retired for the night long before I saw some of the things we all saw that night! :eek:

John.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts