Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I finally pulled the trigger after months of researching and reading online. For my first bow I have a Drive R in SW2 coming in before the weekend. Hopefully it was the right choice, had previously shot Mathews and Hoyts with my buddies just target shooting so we'll see what happens.

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Received my bow today! Came loaded out with a trophy taker rest and some type of truglo single pin sight. I am thinking the first order of business will be changing out the sight as I would prefer something with tool-less adjustment. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Also will be needing to acquire a quiver and have read that I want to make sure that everything has clearance so I figured that I should choose a sight first and then go about finding a quiver that will provide the necessary clearance. Any input is much appreciated!

· Registered
160 Posts
I switch right away to a Truglo Rival Hunter 5 Pin it comes in 3 Pin as well. It's Micro Adjust, Tool-Less, with a Nice Field of View with DDP (Decreasing Pin Design). Plus it doesn't break the bank @ ~$136.00 USD

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks brother! I will definitely have to include that one in my search. Kind of want to try out both 1 and multi-pin sights. I like the theory behind single pins, but I don't know if my thought process will actually carry over in practice so I'll probably try both. I have never shot with a multi-pin so I'll definitely try them out.

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here's the sight currently on bow. I think it's an older range rover model so correct me if I'm wrong, there's currently no sight tape on it, other than maybe some light pencil marks. Any recommendations as to where to get sight tape/is xsight1.5 a good way to go about it?

Attachments

· Registered
431 Posts
I have The apex gear bone collector. I like it a lot. The adjustability is awesome. My only complaints are it doesn't hold the .204 shafts. I've had to tighten certain bolts up. Those are fairly minor problems to deal with unless you are a lazy neurotic *******.

· Registered
18 Posts
What rest are you using? As well what are the specs on your arrows?
I scored a truglo downdraft drop away for $24 at dicks sporting goods. I love it so far, simple enough design that I can't imagine it failing anytime soon. As for arrows I'm just shooting some Easton aluminum arrows from my old bow. I used all my "fun money" buying the bow so will be getting a sight and arrows soon. I probably won't get anything too flashy

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.