Archery Talk Forum banner

JR World team is off today for Turkey!

4173 Views 71 Replies 28 Participants Last post by  Levl4e
They're off and flying! If you didn't know, my daughter is one of the Cadets representing the US. She's been practicing hard trying to step up her game, and I think she'll do well.

The best of luck to our young ladies and gentlemen! I want to wish my daughter Miranda the best of luck also!

Go Git Em!
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

· Registered
358 Posts
Where is the list of shooters, for us to see?

Complete list of all the participants could be found at the official website: http://www.archery.org/UserFiles/Do...08 Events/Antalya/08_Antalya_participants.pdf

USA archers:

USA Compound Cadet Men 7148 Cyr Levi
USA Compound Cadet Men 7170 Hunt III Joey
USA Compound Cadet Men 7169 Kelly Connor
USA Compound Cadet Women 7177 Johnston Kailey
USA Compound Cadet Women 7178 Pearce Paige
USA Compound Cadet Women 7236 Skarvan Tristan
USA Compound Junior Men 7186 Cleland Ben
USA Compound Junior Men 7147 Gallant Adam
USA Compound Junior Men 7184 Wruck Adam
USA Compound Junior Women 7180 Francis Seneca
USA Compound Junior Women 5930 Nicely Kendal
USA Compound Junior Women 7179 Pruitte Samantha
USA Recurve Cadet Men 7173 Roop Ben
USA Recurve Cadet Men 7171 Smith Josh
USA Recurve Cadet Men 7172 Zumbo Matthew
USA Recurve Cadet Women 7175 Blake Emily
USA Recurve Cadet Women 7176 Kovac Tabitha
USA Recurve Cadet Women 7174 Leek Miranda
USA Recurve Junior Men 7167 Don Anthony
USA Recurve Junior Men 7166 Schardt Tyler
USA Recurve Junior Men 7168 Thomas Glen
USA Recurve Junior Women 7183 Gibbs Jessica
USA Recurve Junior Women 7182 Harrington Anna
USA Recurve Junior Women 7181 Koehl Heather

Good luck to all.

· Registered
817 Posts
They're off and flying! If you didn't know, my daughter is one of the Cadets representing the US. She's been practicing hard trying to step up her game, and I think she'll do well.

The best of luck to our young ladies and gentlemen! I want to wish my daughter Miranda the best of luck also!

Go Git Em!
Best of Luck to the entire team and a special shout out to Cub1. Go Miranda. Sending the 10 chant her way.:)

· Registered
270 Posts
good luck

good shooting and good luck to everyone.
and be sure to have some fun while your there, and take lots of pictures.
and while your shooting, toss your camera to someone else and have them take some shots of you competing.
you all will do well.

in Christ,
Paul Williams

· Registered
202 Posts
We are in Munich

At least some of us are. Kevin is with the group that is landing in Frankfurt. Coach Lee will meet them there. Anna's luggage is still in New York and Josh Smith had problems with his flight. Other than that this group is doing ok. I volunteered to stay and watch the luggage while the group went into town to kill some of the 11 hour lay over. We depart for Turkey later today. I will try to keep you informed as best I can through out the event. Thanks for the positive thoughts. Keep them coming.

Go U.S.A.
Bob Romero

· Registered
2,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
At least some of us are. Kevin is with the group that is landing in Frankfurt. Coach Lee will meet them there. Anna's luggage is still in New York and Josh Smith had problems with his flight. Other than that this group is doing ok. I volunteered to stay and watch the luggage while the group went into town to kill some of the 11 hour lay over. We depart for Turkey later today. I will try to keep you informed as best I can through out the event. Thanks for the positive thoughts. Keep them coming.

Go U.S.A.
Bob Romero
That's great Bob! Thanks for the update!

· Registered
3,783 Posts

Go U.S.A.
Bob Romero
Thanks for the updates.
I hope all 24 have a chance to execute to the best of their ability and have some luck too.

· Registered
706 Posts
Samantha Pruitte and Kailey Johnston arrived today with Jim, everything went very very smooth and all their luggage made it..woo hoo... They are sleeping now and after that ling trip it is a needed night of rest..

I wish all of the team members the best of luck, but most of all i hope my Georgia Girls have the time of their life. All of the kids have worked very hard to earn this trip. Rock on USA... we are cheering for all of you

· Registered
202 Posts
Hello Antalya

Well we are finally here after 30 plus hours of airplanes and airport appreciation time. We arrived at the hotel about 2:30 am. Needless to say we were all exhausted. We slept about 4-5 hrs and then had breakfast and a team meeting. Off to get our pics for credentials. The local federation is doing a great job so far. We were told that even the parents will be given transportation to all events. Next is lunch then off to the practice field. I am having difficulties getting skype to work here. It may be a problem with signal strength. I just wanted to let you all know that we are all acounted for and only Anna's equipment has not arrived yet. Stay tuned more to come.
Bob

· Registered
21 Posts
Bob - Thank you so much for the updates. As a mother hanging back in the states it is great to hear what you all are up to. I am so proud of all the archers and what they are about to do. I know that all their hardwork will pay off.

GO USA !! and GO TEAM MAINE!!!

Dana Cyr

· Registered
2,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for the update again Bob! When do you expect the kids to be able to get their phones taken care of? I know mine is hopefully looking for a Sim card :wink:

· Registered
202 Posts
Phones etc.

We just got back from practice and all went well. We still don't have Anna's luggage. I am going to try and get out to buy sim cards for a few of us this evening. Scott, I will try to get Miranda to call you later if I see her. I was able to place a call with skype but it was a poor connection. Official practice tomorrow. Juniors in the am and cadets in the pm.
Got to go for our evening meeting. More later.
Bob

· Registered
579 Posts
Go Team USA - have fun and go for gold!

Bob, thanks so much for updating all of us on the world team, it is very much appreciated especially for us parents that are anxiously awaiting word from home!

My son Joey called me last night using his phone card from the room but now I'm hearing that there are extra charges to the room even for phone card calls. Do you have any insight on this, and if there are charges do you know what they are? He does not have a GSM phone to use.

Thanks much!

Georgette Hunt

Go Team Maine...Kendal, Levi, Joey and Adam!!!

· Registered
42 Posts
Phones

My son Joey called me last night using his phone card from the room but now I'm hearing that there are extra charges to the room even for phone card calls. Do you have any insight on this, and if there are charges do you know what they are? He does not have a GSM phone to use.

Thanks much!

Georgette Hunt

Go Team Maine...Kendal, Levi, Joey and Adam!!!
I'm here with Team Canada and can tell you that there are no 1-800 sevices at this resort and all external uses of the phones(collect or phone cards) are extra. Not sure how many $$ but I can't imagine it would be cheap.

· Registered
579 Posts
Phone calls in Turkey

Thanks for the phone information from Team Canada!

Do you know if incoming calls to the resort are charged to the room as well?

Does anyone have the telephone number to the resort?

Thank you!

Georgette Hunt

1 - 20 of 72 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.