Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im 34 and getting into this thing, again, had a bow for a little while. I have been benchrest shooting (rifle) for awhile now and started a new job about a year ago. I get one weekend off a month so I cant go off to matches much anymore. I love getting out in the woods and hunt, but I also would LOVE to go to the local bow shop and shoot targets since its right down the road. I am left handed and I have already got a Matthews XT on order. What I would like to know, if yall would give me ideas for the best (opinions) for the right rest, release, sights, arrows...........ect. Thanks alot and I hope I will love this. This is like target shooting, very expensive. Thanks alot. scott

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Hunting Rig

I've tried alot of different stuff,and everybody has different preferences,but I'm really pleased with my set-up this year,and for a hunting rig its hard to beat.

Set-up:

Sights:Spot-Hogg Right-On
Rest:Deluxe Whisker Biscuit
Release:Scott Little Goose
Arrow:Carbon Express Terminator Hunters
Fletching:2" Blazers
Broadhead:Muzzy 4-blade 100 gr.
Quiver:Alpine Soft-Lok 5

I also have an STS on mine that dampens string noise and vibration.There is a guy on here MeanV2 that makes something similar to an STS,and they're way cooler than the original.I wish I'd seen his before I bought mine.
Hunting Rig.jpg

·
Dad, Husband, Hunter
2,993 Posts
opinion

I think that there are so many quality items out that it is hard to pick. I shot a Trophy Taker drop-away rest, HHA single pin adjustable sight, Easton Axis ST 340 arrows, and Razorcap broaheads. I use a Copperhead Tru Ball release. I hope this helps, but you will just have to see what you like.

Good luck with the season.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts