Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5,571 Posts
What 1 person gets another does not get as to "quality"! I had 3 Coverts all had Issues out of the BOX! I saw the same thing when I bought them and Now I don't own any and the reason why is that some get a Good one and others don't, False Triggers & Burry Day and Night Pictures was enough for me with a Black 60 and 2 Red 40's. Tree Limbs should not ever Trigger a PIR of a Game Camera which Coverts did, the one I bought as well as the New Replacement had the same thing and the Replacement in Extreme Cold Weather provided GREEN Pictures. And I was Told it could NOT BE The game camera. Yet the person that has that Red 40 has got the same Green Pictures each winter he has had it since I gave it to him. In January and February when it is Cold here in Michigan the Re 40 gives green Pictures! And yet I was informed it is "NOT" the Game Camera But the Brand of SD Card! And that Covert would Not look at the Game Camera as the Cause! I took what others posted as How Good Covert was and I mean it was all HYPE. Like most all Brands maybe Just Bad Batch but to suggest Quality is not what some get. And yet after 3 I no longer Own Any Coverts because of the HYPE Like this. I own other Brands and Put them at the exact location and No False Triggers 75 picture with an animal and the other 300 with nothing for a Total of 375 Pictures says it ALL! The Black 60 had Burry day and night Pictures and it would not pick up till the animal was almost past the camera at 30. Got Lucky and the Online retailer provided a Refund less the return shipping plus the Shipping paid to get it. And the return Shipping it send one in is on the Customer and not the "Manufacturer" so you are out more money like the 180.00 I bought the Black 60 for and it "Was" to be their "best" Game Camera... So again what is posted is not "always" what some get!

Just my Experience with Covert! And 3 Strikes you are OUT.
LFM

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
Whoa, a litter bitter are we??? Nice pics OP! I own somewhere between 8-11 Covert cameras, and have never had an issue with any of them. Been running them for several years.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
image.jpg not the best pic and I don't know how to download trail cam pics to my phone or computer but for being as big as he is already (pic taken June 12) hopefully I'll be able to put him on my hit list this year

·
Registered
9,982 Posts
Hard pressed to find better cams for a better price than the Covert's.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
What 1 person gets another does not get as to "quality"! I had 3 Coverts all had Issues out of the BOX! I saw the same thing when I bought them and Now I don't own any and the reason why is that some get a Good one and others don't, False Triggers & Burry Day and Night Pictures was enough for me with a Black 60 and 2 Red 40's. Tree Limbs should not ever Trigger a PIR of a Game Camera which Coverts did, the one I bought as well as the New Replacement had the same thing and the Replacement in Extreme Cold Weather provided GREEN Pictures. And I was Told it could NOT BE The game camera. Yet the person that has that Red 40 has got the same Green Pictures each winter he has had it since I gave it to him. In January and February when it is Cold here in Michigan the Re 40 gives green Pictures! And yet I was informed it is "NOT" the Game Camera But the Brand of SD Card! And that Covert would Not look at the Game Camera as the Cause! I took what others posted as How Good Covert was and I mean it was all HYPE. Like most all Brands maybe Just Bad Batch but to suggest Quality is not what some get. And yet after 3 I no longer Own Any Coverts because of the HYPE Like this. I own other Brands and Put them at the exact location and No False Triggers 75 picture with an animal and the other 300 with nothing for a Total of 375 Pictures says it ALL! The Black 60 had Burry day and night Pictures and it would not pick up till the animal was almost past the camera at 30. Got Lucky and the Online retailer provided a Refund less the return shipping plus the Shipping paid to get it. And the return Shipping it send one in is on the Customer and not the "Manufacturer" so you are out more money like the 180.00 I bought the Black 60 for and it "Was" to be their "best" Game Camera... So again what is posted is not "always" what some get!

LFM
You are relentless dude lol. Get over it.

·
Registered
2,345 Posts

LFM
LMAO "tree limbs should never trigger a PIR of a game camera" not on crappy camera no. But then again neither will a deer. You have to actually clear the area in front of the camera, and even then there is a sensitivity setting on the camera. I own 9 of these cameras now and they are some of the fastest trigger times i have seen in a camera catching the front half of the animal. I have dealt with their customer service when i had an issue with the 1/4-20 piece breaking on their older version of the camera... not only did they replace it THEY REPLACED ALL 5 (only owned 5 at that time) OF THEM AT ONE TIME, WITH A NEWER VERSION!!!!

that is just my experience with covert

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
We do hate to hear that you ran into some issues. We hope that in the future you will take a look at Covert. We have new internal chips sets on our cameras to provide better quality photos and faster trigger speeds. Our 2016 lineup may be something you want to take a peek at.

LFM

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It sounds like we did replace the cameras. However, if there was another issue with the replacements we would need to be contacted. We obviously don't hope for that, but you are dealing with an item that is made in mass productions - sometimes there are issues. With that being said, we always try to take the best care of our customers.

Why didn't you fix the ones he had ? Imo once I have trouble with a product I don't buy again !

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
It sounds like we did replace the cameras. However, if there was another issue with the replacements we would need to be contacted. We obviously don't hope for that, but you are dealing with an item that is made in mass productions - sometimes there are issues. With that being said, we always try to take the best care of our customers.
Show us some more night pics with the animal moving at say 20 yds. or more. Do you take 2 to 3 year old cams that only take blurred or green night pics?

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
As I don't pull our cameras, once I have some more photos turned in, I will be happy to post.

As far as "do we take 2 to 3 year old cams?" Yes, we do have trade in programs and promotions available for these items they may be out of warranty. If you are interested, please contact our customer service line at 877-462-1799 or by email at [email protected]

Show us some more night pics with the animal moving at say 20 yds. or more. Do you take 2 to 3 year old cams that only take blurred or green night pics?

·
Registered
11,632 Posts
I will be checking them out .nice to see a company guy on here .
We do hate to hear that you ran into some issues. We hope that in the future you will take a look at Covert. We have new internal chips sets on our cameras to provide better quality photos and faster trigger speeds. Our 2016 lineup may be something you want to take a peek at.

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
I decided to put out my Black 60 after sitting in my house for almost two years. The second time I checked it the bottom latch broke. I emailed Covert support, and received an answer today. It would cost as much to fix my 2012 cam as it would to purchase a new one. We will give you a 30% discount on any new cam you want. I told customer support in my original email this camera was purchased in August of 2013, and only used for 3 months. No matter; the customer support for these cams isn't any better than the faulty cams they sell! The reason I didn't use this cam for two years is the terrible night pics. I will be glad to start uploading the night pics this cam takes!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts