Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
In 'Da Head
24,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put a new d-loop on last night with some material I bought from Lancaster. I got the Brownell braided camo stuff. I went to the range and after only 25 shots, the top back part of the loop started fraying and white material was pulling out of the center of it. I checked my Chappy Boss for burrs, but it was as smooth as the day I got it. I think I got some junk material overall or just a bad piece. I have never had a problem like this before. So what is the best material to use for a D-loop? Any solid recommendations are welcome.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I had problems like that as well so I switched a a relase with the sting on it and took to loop of my string. seemed to help me a bunch made my release of the bow a lot smoother

·
Registered
51 Posts
Loop material

I like using BCY's loop rope. I put a loop on in January and just finished up shooting the ASA classic with the same loop I started the year with. I shoot a little boss and the loop still looks like new.

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
I buy mine from an AT member. Look in the items for sale section. She goes by redhdcharm or something close to that. I have it on 5 of my bows and a couple of my buddies bows and no trouble. She has a bunch of different colors also. Tell her Boots told you about her and she'll take care of ya. Mark.

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
PM me your mailing address and I'll send you a sample to put thru the paces.

·
In 'Da Head
24,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Done. :beer:

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
BCY. The 2.0 mil stuff is durable with excellent stiffness. I've also used the Brownell 2.1 which was very good but a little heavier than what I wanted. There shouldn't be any white inner fiber. I wonder if they sent the wrong stuff.

·
In 'Da Head
24,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'll see if I can throw a pic up tonight, not that it is a big deal but just to show you the mysterious "white inner fiber". Thanks for all the input.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.