Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
3,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone said something about, quote "Bingo, we have a winner. It's a property rights issue plain and simple. It's not about stillhunter vs dog hunter, but in most cases, that's what one group wants you to believe."

Thats whats at the heart of this issue. It's not about hunter Vs hunter but rather about private property owners & lease holders VS trespassors. Thats what the dog issue revolves around. Once you through out the excuse my dog is stupid & can't read what excuse is left for dogs or hunters using them trespassing where they are not wanted? There is no valid excuse for trespassing of your deer dog or you personally.

So now that this issue is exposed for what it really is. Who wants to defend the rights of deer dogs & their owners to trespass. I'm looking forward to a good debate here.

·
Registered
24,900 Posts
i say if you are going to use them keep them off others land. if you dont have enough land and you know they will be going onto others land dont use them. respect the land other

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
I personlly don't run dogs nor like the idiots next to us that do, but untill I guess I put a fence up to keep them out or find signs they can read I understand a dog is gonna do its job as trained. I'm sure there might be some yahoos that think its funny their dogs cross lines but for the most part the dog is only out to get the deer and gonna run it till it catches it. For the most part I'm sure most dog runners are not setting out to try to send their dogs on everybody elses land and I'm pretty sure they wish the deer would just lay down at the sound of a dog barking so their lasy arse won't have to walk as far.

·
Banned
3,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wow noone is touching that 1. I understand it's hard to defend it but someone give it a shot. No pro deer dog runners opinions on the aspect of your sport?

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
Here's what I think !

:mg:That any dog that is running on any land of which it isn't allowed ,is just a target for those that control that land ( kind of a free for all ) that the owner of the dog should be aware of !:sad:

:eek: I believe that it's alright to take out free wondering dogs to help stop rabbies from spreading and get the message out !:darkbeer:I know a guy who puts out snares to get stray dogs ,but doesn't do it anymore cause there just ain't any loose dogs around anymore !:wink:

:mg: Education don't come cheap and those that can't or don't learn how ,need to be aware of the cost of that mistake .:mad:

Yes ,I've own dogs and still do !:darkbeer:

·
Banned
3,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I am not going to go into details about it but I will tell you guys that the deer dog fight is fixing to get very hot in Arkansas! I found the support needed to get things moving! :teeth:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts