Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
4,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just back from moose hunting in wm 29 north of sudbury nice place , way to many hunters though , bird paradise... a lot of the guys go there just for a week of bird hunting and I can see why... There was lots of sign but when all the bird hunters are shooting and tons of atvs running around the moose are not to dumb they move out farther into the bush and swamps you need to canoe way out and camp over for sure and topo maps and aerial photos needed if you don`t live in the area... no camps with any to show but again lots of birds... would I go back to that area yes for bird hunting only must go farther north or to another under hunted area.... we did have a good time weather great but not cold enough ice on the water pails only one morning.... oh well dear opens in a few days here and I have a new piece of property that is supposed to be hot ... guess we`ll just have to find out... good luck hunting this year....:darkbeer:

· Registered
3,878 Posts
Was the rut happening/happened or about to happen

on a side note, my computer is not letting me make question marks or any other punctuation marks É è é wtfÉÉÉ

· Registered
1,436 Posts
on a side note, my computer is not letting me make question marks or any other punctuation marks É è é wtfÉÉÉ
Try this: Hold down the [ALT] key and type [63] then let go of the [ALT] Key.

Cheers,

· Premium Member
5,745 Posts
I just got back from WMU 29 as well, I hunt up near Matachewan.

Just like last year, the weather was the killer again. Like Classic said, only one morning that had any frost, that was last weekend. The rest of the week was unGodly hot. In fact Timmins was the hotspot in all of the country on Friday. Most nights the overnite temp did not dip below 8-10C.

The one cold day that did happen, the moose started to move. We found one wallow pit, and several sets of fresh tracks, cow, calve and bull. But as soon as the heat hit the next day, it was all done. This past Friday morning (my last time on stand) was the only time I had any action, I had a bull walk to within about a 150yds of my stand, before heading for the back swamp.

Oh well, it was nice sun tanning weather :) Got my limits on grouse, and gots lots of midday seat time running around on my dirtbike :)

I've been hunting the same area now for 25 years, and I can't recall ever having two years in a row sooooooo warm. Lots of years drying out clothes from rain and snow though :wink:

Anyway, good luck to those still to head out.

Cheers

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.