Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought a 70# monster from another member on here. Im a big guy and im pretty darn strong so I'm going to tweak it pretty good. Im a 28.5 " DL. What I'm wondering is what you guys think I should be shooting for arrows... should 350's do the trick?

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Keep in mind I want to use the best arrow for a combination of kinetic energy, and speed... and im not overly worried about speed with this bow.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
350, 340, even 300 it likes spine....however with a field tips 400s shoot great, Im likin my new arrows I got today! the 400 spined fmj wouldnt tune a bh so went 340 walla!, before those I was shooting victory vforcehv's in 350 spine, and before them GT series 22 ultralites in 300 spine

·
Banned
1,674 Posts
Great Choice! And Welcome to The Fraternity of the Monsters!

350 or 300 spine depends the arrow length and point weight.

I would not keep the arrow too front heavy, too heavy of the tip will move your FOC forward, but if you imgine your vane as a diving plane (as in the submarine), the more it 'dip's, the faster the arrow drops, even though the arrow of same weight but with the FOC towards the back (ie CG towards the center) would fly a lot further and retain more velocity.

Have Fun!

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
popeye, you sayin my 7.5 foc is a good thing?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts