Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can't wait to get my hands on my new to me Montega! Should I consider buying a string-stop for it? Any other tips from you fellow Montega lovers?

·
Registered
807 Posts
Congrats, I shot a Tribute at a Shop near me and Much prefer the Montega. The ATA are similar, My Montega with wheels is about 43 1/2" Tribute is written as 45". I like the longer limbs of the Montega, and I believe the limbs are of better construction.

You picked one up fast. was it a local shop, Craigslist, Pawn find or someone on AT. Post Pic.s

I think I'm going to get higher deflection limbs for mine eventually, they are currently 40 -50, and I would much rather have them at 50 - 60.

Good Luck with New Bow.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Congrats, I shot a Tribute at a Shop near me and Much prefer the Montega. The ATA are similar, My Montega with wheels is about 43 1/2" Tribute is written as 45". I like the longer limbs of the Montega, and I believe the limbs are of better construction.

You picked one up fast. was it a local shop, Craigslist, Pawn find or someone on AT. Post Pic.s

I think I'm going to get higher deflection limbs for mine eventually, they are currently 40 -50, and I would much rather have them at 50 - 60.

Good Luck with New Bow.
The bow looks to have the same specs as the protec w/ 3500 limbs is there any real differance I know that they changed the riser appearance. It is a real nice looking bow. I have not shot one of those and as it stands right now if I buy another bow my wife is going to shoot me. lol I need to post some pics of my UE w/ 4000 limbs and c&.5 cams

·
Registered
807 Posts
Here's Pic.s of a Protec w/lx Pro limbs (XT 4000) and a Montega w/ XT 3500.
You can see a difference in overall riser length and degree of deflex.

·
Registered
957 Posts
thx for the pics it is quite a nice looking bow now I know what all thefuss is about is it the same riser length as a vantage elite

·
Registered
957 Posts
my vantage elite and ultra elite. funny thing is the UE has a longer ata w/the 4000 limbs
IMG_20130415_094328.jpg IMG_20130415_094332.jpg

1 - 11 of 11 Posts