Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
Athens Vista 33/QAD HDX/HHA Optimizer/Stan Onnex
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to my local dealer today to shoot a vista 33. Fell in love with it after drawing once. Just so happened he had the color combo I wanted (beret green with kuiu verde limbs). Ran home to get my old bow so we could transfer the sight, rest and peep over.

I thought a lot of what I read was people just hyping their choice bow. Boy was I wrong. This thing is sweet!

Attachments

·
Registered
108 Posts
Went to my local dealer today to shoot a vista 33. Fell in love with it after drawing once. Just so happened he had the color combo I wanted (beret green with kuiu verde limbs). Ran home to get my old bow so we could transfer the sight, rest and peep over.

I thought a lot of what I read was people just hyping their choice bow. Boy was I wrong. This thing is sweet!
Welcome to the family!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It was nice, but extremely hot, all day. Once he had my bow set up and I payed, it started down pouring. I would’ve stayed and shot at his indoor range but I had been gone a couple hours and my dogs were home. Tomorrow will be the day. Hopefully I can start getting my sight tape reset and stretch it’s legs to 60 yards

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What were you shooting before?
I’ve only been shooting about 1.5 years. Got a Mathews reezen 7 through a trade with a buddy.

I‘ve shot a bunch of bows over the last few weeks though trying to find a new one. The draw cycle on the Athens sold me. It feels like pulling 20lbs less than any other bow, IMO.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Congrats, glad you found a bow that fit you so well. I wish there was a dealer within a day’s drive. I bought my first new bow this year and shot Mathews, Hoyt, Prime, Elite, Bowtech, and PSE - Athens is the one stone I couldn’t find to turn over. One day I want to shoot one.

·
Registered
157 Posts

Congratulations man! I want one!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts