Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
preparation>opportunity
3,074 Posts
so you don't care about your hearing? or your neighbors hearing?

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
So what is your problem man? I would love to have a couple, from the 22 long to the 30-06 and every one in between.

·
Registered
7,439 Posts

·
Super Moderator
22,689 Posts
It could very well cause an influx in poaching but I wouldn't be so worried about it. I know we've had an issue up at camp with poaching but with so few DNR officers in the area and no local police, it probably wouldn't even matter.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Didn't read it. Maybe more poaching is the ops thought

·
Registered
163 Posts
I'll be investing the time into making one for my crow/squirrel rifle. I think it will create more revenue for the state for all the [email protected]$$ guys around here that will use them improperly and flaunt it. It could go either way though, but I'll quietly support it by making them for me and my hunting buddies.
Will be nice to be able to hear one another after a long day dove or duck hunting too without having to wear those PIA muffs.

·
Registered
7,439 Posts

·
In the begining God......
3,650 Posts
Just purchased my first suppressed weapon. a 77/22 with a supressor by Yankee Hill Machine. Awesome weapon.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I'll be investing the time into making one for my crow/squirrel rifle. I think it will create more revenue for the state for all the [email protected]$$ guys around here that will use them improperly and flaunt it. It could go either way though, but I'll quietly support it by making them for me and my hunting buddies.
Will be nice to be able to hear one another after a long day dove or duck hunting too without having to wear those PIA muffs.
Or fill up the jails. If your in possession of a suppressor and commit any kind of violent crime or drug crime you get a mandatory 30 years in prison on top of what ever other sentence you would have gotten. I don't see why they just not even bother regulating it when their are that strict of laws on the books. Think that'd be enough of a deterrent for most criminals.

·
Registered
239 Posts
ruined my day cuz my state isnt on that list

·
Super Moderator
22,689 Posts
Not likely.
With the availability of a silenced rifle instead of a loud crack in the middle of the night, you don't think that would attract more people? Likely. I'd love to have a silenced rifle but I also think there would be more poaching because of it.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Don't suppressors carry a separate permit as well? I admit to being not well informed on the subject but I read in Guns and Ammo about a $200 permit or license being required. Anyone know have any info on this at all?

·
Registered
25 Posts
$200 dollars for the Tax Stamp on the Form-4 and 3-6 month wait. One time fee. Its just to register the NFA item.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts