Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've shot PSE for many yrs. on the Promo Staff..Then shot a '08 Bowtech Commander some last yr..Put a few accessories on the C4 tonite to balance and get a feel for it aiming..Will put a few arrows through her tomorrow..Just wondered what everyones opinion and how good/forgiving it is? My Mathews friends and shooting buds say that I am in for a real treat. What says the folks here?

I appreciate everyones input and opinions. Thanks, Trey D.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Posted this in the 3-d forum..Not alot of responses over there..Just thought I'd try it here too! Thanks

·
Registered
683 Posts
They're nice

You will like it. I've had several Mathews the past 10 years and all were stable, dependable, accurate bows. The Conquest series is especially sweet if you are capable of 29" or better draw. At my 27.5 I was limited on available shafts that I wanted to shoot at 63#. Just my .02.

·
Unregistered User
1,738 Posts
I've felt the Conquests were always the best all around target bow in the Mathews line up ever since they were introduced. The Triumph may take over this year.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. Yes, I am a 29" d.l. Sounds like it'll be something good..We'll see. Any other comments?

·
Master Class
8,199 Posts
I had a C4 for 2 years. Bow was a great shooter. I just found at my 29" draw that it was just a bit slower than what I wanted. I could get around 285 FPS.

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
I had a C4 a couple years ago and shot very well with it. It is very stable and very forgiving. At 28 inches I was very limited on my arrow selection if I wanted to hit the 288 mark. I ended up going to the Prestige. Are you going to shoot the max cam or the minimax? Most people that shoot the C4 for target and 3-D reccomend the mini because its 65% but I actually shot the Max cam better. I love my Prestige but I'm not sure I shoot any better scores with it over the C4. I have been thinking about getting another one to shoot side by side with the Prestige and see which one come out ahead. I am pretty sure if Victory would have come out with the X-Ringer while I still had the C4 I MIGHT still own one. Enjoy

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
'm 28 inch draw and I can get 292 out of the 65% max cam. I've tried other bows but go right back to the C4.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all of the replies! I am using the MiniMax cam..I been playing around with different arrow scenarios on Archers Advantage..Looks like the CXL SS 250's w/100-gr. in the nose will get me very close to 282-fps. The 400-Fatboys w/100-gr. nibs looks to be around 278-279..

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
Hard to beat a one cam...you might get faster with a two cam,,but as far as ease, shootability and repetiveness...not going to beat a one cam.... what I like is very minor dl. adustment that you cam make with the power cable/ yoke

·
Registered
16,958 Posts
WHAT??????:eek::eek::eek:Mathews??????:mg::mg: Ah just kiddin Trey. You'll shoot most any bow well, no matter the brand...Can't say about the C4, but have heard good things. I'm still with my X...:wink::wink:

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
WHAT??????:eek::eek::eek:Mathews??????:mg::mg: Ah just kiddin Trey. You'll shoot most any bow well, no matter the brand...Can't say about the C4, but have heard good things. I'm still with my X...:wink::wink:
You will do well David! Thanks for the compliment! I am just going to try it..If it doesn't seem to fit my style of shooting, then I'll try something that does...I like to shoot.

·
Registered
8,383 Posts
A buddy of mine just took delivery on a new C4. I thought for sure i had him converted to PSE...:sad:

It's a nice bow though, i'm sure he'll shoot good with it.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
A buddy of mine just took delivery on a new C4. I thought for sure i had him converted to PSE...:sad:

It's a nice bow though, i'm sure he'll shoot good with it.
Darryll I am looking forward toa change. Just want to try something new, ya' know?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts