Registered
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wana race?:wink:

·
Registered
86 Posts
No pics = lies

This thread is worthless with out pics!!

Just messing with you, although pics would be nice. What year and color and any work done? Gotta give the details.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
come on...

Attachments

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
Give me about 2 months thats when I will be done paying my cousin for my new car.........68 camaro with a 502 big block he is buliding me.

·
Registered
687 Posts
psearcher22 said:
Give me about 2 months thats when I will be done paying my cousin for my new car.........68 camaro with a 502 big block he is buliding me.
Sorry to tell you but if he really does have a Supra that Camaro stands no chance because an inline 6 has better acceleration and top speed. and tha Supra is way lighter a camaro with a 502 weighs twice as much as it does.

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
Well it is done and we have raced it this was before the custom pipes though 2 straight duallys. I dont see that supra staying with it.
How fast is it? I woulds love to race one after I blew the doors in on a celica and wrx. The car is just fast and has so much tourque I dont know much about it my cuz is the gearhead not me. The day that supra beats me is the day I will start driving a volks rabbit:rolleyes: I am not done paying on it yet so I still cant have it but when I am done which might be longer by the looks of it.

·
Registered
687 Posts
WOW u beat a Celica and a WRX ...dont make me laugh those cars are slower than my fourwheeler and i bet i know a VW Jetta thatll out run you in a heatbeat...it runs low 7's in a 1/4 and most stock Supra's run 8's.. let me get done buildin my car ill race that hunk of junk chevy. not sayin ur car is junk but chevys aint worth 2 dollars when it comes to racin'

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
Get up here and get on the line if you think yours is so fast. My dad had a 78 camaro that would do over 140 and I am not lying when it comes to this and that had a 427 he said his wouldn't touch mine. I know of an air port up at my camp its marks out for 1/4 and 1/2 miles runs and also mile. Get up here and line up that is if your car will make it here:rolleyes:

Ha ha I bet your 4 wheeler isn't that fast in fact don't think you have seen a fast one....

I have a Honda 250r with a banshee f5 twister kit from d&d racing in it. I can easily pick up both ends of it one handed. It will wheelie in all 5 gears. Its the fastest thing I own next to the soon to be mine car. I wish I had a pic of it. Maybe at the end of the winter I will have one its in storage right now:embara:

The only thing that has beat it is a banshee with the twister kit bored out with 44mm megatron carbs in it and 2 custom exhausts.

·
Registered
687 Posts
I guarantee that there a Cannondale Cannibal sittin down tha road from my house thatll out run that 250r.....a stock supra with the inline 6 will do around 190 pegged and if you dont believe me ill have the guy send a video and the time slip...and heres tha car that you wont think will make it.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
Howd I know you would have a street car:rolleyes:

I dont know think what you want Ill stick with my muscle. I would still much rather have mine. I still wouldnt be scared to race it either.

As for the 4 wheeler Id like to see it:wink:

I would have to change my gear ratio back for racing on the road and put on my other tires. Its set up for hill climbs now.

As for this thread I am done argueing about something stupid because I can see neither of us will back down.

·
Registered
687 Posts
I agree with ya man i think i may be able to get a video or some pictures of the cannibal in action.

·
Registered
86 Posts
MattRagle said:
that Camaro stands no chance because an inline 6 has better acceleration and top speed

A few words to live by:

No Replacement For Displacement

VTEC = Virtually Torqueless Economy Car - All the lag without the turbo

I'd like to see that Supra do this:

Torque wins races, horsepower sells cars.

·
Registered
242 Posts
it all depends on what you do or dont have in your car a camaro can run very fast if you do the work on it right, but to make the camaro run fast you would need to do lots of work to the drive train as well as the interior. the supra is so much lighter that it will go faster with less work than a camero but if you no whatt you are doing you could make it a fare race it all depends on who builds it and how much they know. and the pic that is a nice looking car and can probabley fly but with only a pic of the body it could also barley run. not trashing it i just want to see some pics of what looks like a really nice set up. but i would still rather have a camero or old muscle car over a supra or any import.:):wink:

·
Registered
242 Posts
matt ragel i dont no how much you no about cars but here is a basic lesson
you et can be found using simple math- et= cubed root of the (weight over the horse power)* 5.825 using this i can say that say a 98 supra with a curb weight of 3210lbs and 220 hp. plug it in and you will see that a stock supra can only run a 14.23 second .25 mile in order to run even a 10 second quarter you need to weight in at 2500 lbs and have 500 hp under the hood.
a camero that weighs in at 3350 and has a 360 hp engine (may not be exact but is close enough) can run a quarter mile in 12.2 seconds. as said earlyer a supra still may run faster but stock a camero will run faster than a supra :0 :darkbeer:

·
Registered
687 Posts
Dude you really dont know what ur talking about for the simple fact ur saying the a Camaro will out run a Supra the inline six has much better acceleration than chevy ever thought about buddy go talk to some tuners theyll tell ya the same thing and ive been around cars and drag racing most of my life so i dont want to hear about estimated times when ive seen what happens on the drag strip Imports beat "muscle"(if you ask me id rather drive a moped than a so called muscle car) hands down. and learn how to spell you moron tha names Ragle not Ragel its there in plain sight and u still couldnt get it right.
OH and by the way Rapture did u know that torque dosent when the race when ur car comes up like that it adds time and most ppl agree with me there. stayin on all 4 tires gets quicker passes

·
Registered
86 Posts
MattRagle said:
Dude you really dont know what ur talking about for the simple fact ur saying the a Camaro will out run a Supra the inline six has much better acceleration than chevy ever thought about buddy go talk to some tuners theyll tell ya the same thing and ive been around cars and drag racing most of my life so i dont want to hear about estimated times when ive seen what happens on the drag strip Imports beat "muscle"(if you ask me id rather drive a moped than a so called muscle car) hands down. and learn how to spell you moron tha names Ragle not Ragel its there in plain sight and u still couldnt get it right.
OH and by the way Rapture did u know that torque dosent when the race when ur car comes up like that it adds time and most ppl agree with me there. stayin on all 4 tires gets quicker passes
Oh dear, where do I begin?

To say that an I6 has better acceleration than a V8 is just pure ignorance. If that's the case than my dad's BMW should blow a Corvette out of the water. Not true. V8's can rev just as high or higher than 6 or 4 cylinder engines while making tons more TORQUE. The LS7 in the Z06 Corvette makes 505 HP and over 450 ft-lbs of torque, but yet it revs to over 7,000 RPM. This makes for a pretty damn fast car (try 11 second 1/4 mile on stock tires). Torque is the twisting power that gets the car down the track. Horsepower is a number derived from torque.

To find a cars horsepower you multiply the RPM * the torque at that RPM (instantaneus torque) and divide by 5252. Which means without torque you get no horsepower. The more torque you have, the taller the gear ratio you can run, which means less time between shifts, and higher top speeds.

And trust me, I know keeping all 4 tires gives a better time. I was trying to demonstrate that a Supra or any of those sorts of cars can't do that because they don't make torque down low. What good is 1,000 HP if you don't get it until 9,000 RPM and the redline is at 9,200 RPM? Bigger engines make power lower in the RPM range and continue to build power until redline which makes them faster. In the time it takes for the smaller engine to rev that high, the car with the flatter power curve is already gone. Don't get me wrong, there is some very fast Supras out there, but they're built for different purposes besides being dyno queens. As far as power to dollar spent a V8 is better.

I looked at your profile, it says you're 15. You can't even drive. One of my hobbies is working on cars, and I've worked on domestic and import cars, as well as raced them. Silly kids need to stop watching Fast and Furious.

There is no replacement for displacement.

To the thread starter:

Congrats on the Supra. I am not bashing Supras or imports. I drive a Nissan, but I know that to go fast you need power and V8's do it better. Some pics would be cool, as well as some details and future plans you have for the car. The 2JZ is a great engine with a lot of potential.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts