Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
13,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just received my shipment of Exodus Broadheads! Yay! I ordered the barbed, but received the non-barbed heads. They still look incredible! I am eager to test them out and will probably just keep them rather than wait a few more weeks for the replacement barbed version. I have heard from Crackers that the non-barbed shoots just as well as the barbed version, and I hear they are even more durable. They have shot them through a 50 gallon steel drum five times without the blades or ferrules breaking.

I look forward to posting some results soon.

·
Registered
13,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
16,630 Posts
I ordered sum on June 6 and still havn't gotten mine. but I can't wait to get them.

·
Registered
13,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
13,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Attachments

·
Registered
13,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
They look impressive. Price tag?
$39 for 3 pack. If they are as durable as they say, then they are worth it. .040 thick replaceable blades; shortest ferrule on the market ( I think; same length as a field point), incredible tip; blades extending over the shaft...

·
Registered
421 Posts
dumb question here but what makes them BARBED?

·
Registered
13,107 Posts
i do like the looks of these... looking forward to the test results

·
Registered
13,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
dumb question here but what makes them BARBED?
It basically means that the base of the broadhead is not connected with the arrow (can you see the pic where it extends outward from the arrow?) and the blades to not flip backwards if the arrow is pulled out (unlike a mechanical). Some states do not allow barbed broadheads; about 23 states I believe. However, some districts in some states that forbid barbed heads do not consider the barbed version of the Exodus head an actual "Barbed" head. The non-barbed are legal everywhere.

·
Registered
6,164 Posts
Just out of curiosity why would you prefer the barbed head? It's your choice but if they fly the same I would pick the non-barbed head in case I made a bad shot and the arrow and head could be pulled out or fall out. JMO.
P.S. They do look like a durable head.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts