Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my Mathews MR8 in, but it's pouring rain here in Hawaii so I guess I will not get to shoot it today. 60 pound, orange smoke color, HHA sight, and more . . . Super Stoked as it is the first one to Hit Hawaii's shores!

MR8.JPG

·
Registered
3,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Target, 3D range, and hopefully do some pig hunting . . . not many tournaments here and I don't know if i'd do really good, but if this is even close to my MR7, than I will be stoked!

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Sweet lookin bow

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
Awesome set up...really good looking in the Orange Smoke, huh? I have the MR7 in the Orange Smoke and just put a set of Streak Freak strings and cables on it with a custom Torqueless grip in Black Charcoal...shoots better than it looks and it don't look bad...Congrats...My MR8 is an ASA tack driver at 288 right on the button of the speed limit. Also a pic of my wife's new customized Jewel. We have dubbed them "Smok'n Jewel" Smoke and Jewel.jpg

·
Registered
3,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you everyone. My wife has a Mission Menace (I wanted to bless her with a Mathews Jewel) but she had cancer three years back and went through surgery, chemo, and radiation. The surgery was on the side of her drawing arm so it is difficult for her to draw heavy poundages and thus the Mission Menace was a great place to start. (at least it's pink camo) :)
My MR7 is blacked out and I got it used from a super cool guy here on Archery Talk and therefore this is my first brand new bow. We love to shoot, and I hope to get good enough to go on a hunt someday. We'll see what the Lord has for us, but spending time shooting together has been priceless!

·
Classifieds Administrator
39,163 Posts
A bow that sweet and living in Hawaii? Man God has blessed you! :D

Enjoy your new bow, looks sweet!

·
Registered
8,464 Posts
sweet looking MR8 .I have a MR7 in smoke orange I'll try to post a couple pic's tomorrow,and I also picked up a MR 8 last night all black for hunting .If you like the 7 you will like the 8 they both hold like a dream and are sweet shooting .Good luck with your new bow.

·
Registered
7,872 Posts
That is one cool looking bow you have there. Im still torn between the MR7 or the insanity cpxl for my next bow. So many great choices these days. Good luck with it.

·
Registered
3,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
MR7.JPG

Here's a picture of my MR7 blacked out. It's 60-70 pounds which I have down tuned to 63. Shoots awesome as well! Got it off a guy here on Archery Talk since I couldn't afford a new one last year. I have yet to go on a hunt, but on my island there's only wild pigs. I practice a lot on targets and 3D, but would love to go on an actual hunt someday. Now that my wife is pretty well recovered, that is a goal of mine. I will let you guys know how it shoots once it stops pouring rain here. :(

1 - 20 of 26 Posts