Archery Talk Forum banner

Just had to post this, straight from the Turbow site.....

3294 46
And it's easy to check the results from the ASA site. Just couldn't help myself.....:wink::wink:
Dean From Fl Wrote on 3/9/2009

I am an Open C shooter (ASA). I purchased and had you install your Bowturbow on my 2006 Bowtech Constitution on Saturday March 7th, 2009 in Hattiesburg, Ms. (Hoyt Pro/Am). I ended up placing 2nd and in my opinion, I felt like I held steadier due to being able to reduce my draw weight about 4 lbs. I did not feel like my draw length nor my poundage had changed after the install. I was impressed with myself and your product. I shot 19 up on Sunday, my highest achievement ever! Thanks again Bernard.
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

· Registered
2,486 Posts
lol. doesnt increas draw lenght.. YEAH RITTE/.... Think about it. when you have a normal cable slide the cablse slide back to meet the draw stop. But when you put the bowturbow on they cannot slide foward and the cam has to travel farther to meet the cabels..

· Registered
326 Posts
Who really gives a crap??? no really who does?
IM glad it gave this dude confidence,now if everybody that puts one of these on starts winning you got my attention.
Until then good luck with there product.

· Registered
16,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That means he was seven down on Saturday, right?:confused:
No, 4 down, without the turbow!

Who really gives a crap??? no really who does?
IM glad it gave this dude confidence,now if everybody that puts one of these on starts winning you got my attention.
Until then good luck with there product.
I really give a crap, that's who, it's perfectly ok with me if you don't!:) If you had to put up with what I put up with from some in the last couple of months, you would too. It works, even tho some say it won't, just not the way everyone thinks it does or doesn't. Let's see, 1st in Women's Open, 2nd in Young Adult male, 2nd in Open C, 8th in Open C, 9th in Young Adult Male......all have Turbows on their bow. Congrats to them!! (and their contigency $$!)

· Registered
449 Posts

I really give a crap, that's who, it's perfectly ok with me if you don't!:) If you had to put up with what I put up with from some in the last couple of months, you would too. It works, even tho some say it won't, just not the way everyone thinks it does or doesn't. Let's see, 1st in Women's Open, 2nd in Young Adult male, 2nd in Open C, 8th in Open C, 9th in Young Adult Male......all have Turbows on their bow. Congrats to them!! (and their contigency $$!)
I think Lost archer was agreeing with you :sad: In a way

· Registered
8,473 Posts

Are you a sponsor or the creator of the BowTurbow?? I will not chime in as whether I agree or disagree with people buying it or not I was just wondering.

· Registered
16,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Are you a sponsor or the creator of the BowTurbow?? I will not chime in as whether I agree or disagree with people buying it or not I was just wondering.
Nope. Just a shooter for the store owner who designed it. I have one of the very first ones they made, and a sort of rep for them. I don't get paid a dime to push it, I just believe in what it did on my equipment, and would guess that the shooters listed in the above post will say the same thing.:)

· Registered
326 Posts
like i said,,im happy for all that use and like them,,good for you all.....me i will just twist a cable or 2 if i wanted what the turbo does,but i don't so we are all happy i guess......:cheers:

· Registered
548 Posts
Yea I bought one and here are the results:

Put on my 80# Tribute.
At the suggested instal position:
Increased the lbs from 80# to 86#
Increased the speed from 300fps to 306fps
change the DL + 1 inch
Changed the draw cycle dramatically

Put on Hoyt alpha max
at suggested instal position:
Increased the lbs from 72# to 76#
increased the speed from 280 fps to 287 fps
Added 1= inch to DL
Change the draw cycle dramatically..no valley

With out the bowturbow:
Tribute
Twisted up the cables 4 twists and untwisted the string 4 twists:
Added .5 inch of DL
Increased speed from 300fps to 318fps

if you want to increase the lbs and DL and get minimal increase in speed then the BOWTURBOW is for you, if you are under the impresion that this device will give you speed without sacrifice then you are delusional:embara:

ITS A GIMMIC

· Registered
47,636 Posts

Put on my 80# Tribute.
change the DL + 1 inch

Put on Hoyt alpha max
Added 1= inch to DL

With out the bowturbow:
Tribute
Added .5 inch of DL

if you want to increase the lbs and DL and get minimal increase in speed then the BOWTURBOW is for you, if you are under the impresion that this device will give you speed without sacrifice then you are delusional:embara:

ITS A GIMMIC
Ouch! How far could you throw it out of whack shoving it up to the riser? :mg:

· Registered
759 Posts
My results

I put on the bowturbow on my Conquest 4, after I got home from Hattiesburg...I put my bow in my hooter shooter so I could really see drawlength changes etc. The turbow increased the draw lenght 1/8 in, so, I decreased the draw to my original 30", before the turbow installation my bow weight was 65.35, shooting 281fps...I made sure the bow was still 65.35, my speed went from 281 to 289, to go back to 281fps I had to back the limbs off to a final weight of 62.38lbs, from what I see, locking the cable slide down on the slide pre stresses the limbs and causes more energy to be stored and then delivered to the arrow...
I'm supposed to receive the turbow for the Reezen, if it will increase the speed around 10fps that will make it shoot 340! I can live with that!

Also, one thing that I did like about the turbow was the solid wall, oh, and also now I have a roller guard on my conquest and the string and cables should not wear out as fast when sliding thru the the cable slide. I had suggested to Mathews that they put a roller guard on the Conquest years ago, but maybe they felt it wasn't necessary.

· Registered
8,473 Posts

Put on my 80# Tribute.
change the DL + 1 inch

Put on Hoyt alpha max
Added 1= inch to DL

With out the bowturbow:
Tribute
Added .5 inch of DL

ITS A GIMMIC

Like I said I wont chime in. I will not have one on my bows. I dont necessarily agree with this post. I will say that the one we played with increased speed from 10-14 fps at the suggested installed position. Draw weight was effected about the same and draw length was effected somewhere around 1/2.

· Registered
8,473 Posts
I put on the bowturbow on my Conquest 4, after I got home from Hattiesburg...I put my bow in my hooter shooter so I could really see drawlength changes etc. The turbow increased the draw lenght 1/8 in, so, I decreased the draw to my original 30", before the turbow installation my bow weight was 65.35, shooting 281fps...I made sure the bow was still 65.35, my speed went from 281 to 289, to go back to 281fps I had to back the limbs off to a final weight of 62.38lbs, from what I see, locking the cable slide down on the slide pre stresses the limbs and causes more energy to be stored and then delivered to the arrow...
I'm supposed to receive the turbow for the Reezen, if it will increase the speed around 10fps that will make it shoot 340! I can live with that!

Also, one thing that I did like about the turbow was the solid wall, oh, and also now I have a roller guard on my conquest and the string and cables should not wear out as fast when sliding thru the the cable slide. I had suggested to Mathews that they put a roller guard on the Conquest years ago, but maybe they felt it wasn't necessary.

Now when you get that BowTurbow on the Reezen post up some pics. Im REALLY EXCITED to see them. Good luck Buddy. ;)

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.