Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Banned
4,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't said anything to my wife because not only would it do no good...it would be insult to injury.

This morning she went out to shoot her 4 month old ....$1000. bow.
She came in to tell me that the arrows she built were shooting off and that they were all spin testing poorly.

I spun them all and all the arrows inserts were ill fitted.....and put together with super glue to boot.

I made up 4 new arrows for her, which took me maybe 1/3 hour.

I brought them into the kitchen and said....lets try these.

Well....she couldn't find her bow.

After a few hours of searching a one level and small home, as well as the lawn.....no bow.

While I was making the arrows, she went to the store and I think that she may have put her bow on the top of the roof.
Lets put it this way.....
While she has never put her bow on the roof of the car before.....I cant imagine any other explanation.

It's gone.

We are 20 days from the opener and dont have the money for a new bow.
The best I can do is put some new cables on the old Blacknight 2 and use the pieces I have in the second hand box.

I am sick over this.
Just had to vent.

·
Feedn The Geese
12,212 Posts
Put an ad in the newspaper, put up a wanted poster around the area that you lost the bow. I fell in a creek this year and left go of a $1000 fly rod I thought to never be seen again. I made up posters and a week later I had a phone call. Got the rod back broken, contacted the company and told them what happened and I have a brand new rod.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
she probably feels as bad as you. busting her chops won't get the bow back, so what would be the point anyway? tell her it's water over the dam, which it is, and do what you can to get her feeling better about it.

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
Wow!!!!!

·
Registered
126 Posts
she probably feels as bad as you. busting her chops won't get the bow back, so what would be the point anyway? tell her it's water over the dam, which it is, and do what you can to get her feeling better about it.
We hear you, and that is terrible. It sounds like you already know not to bust her chops over this, but I'm sure you're like the old cartoons with steam coming out of your ears. I would assume you retraced the route she took to the store. Post on craigslist in the lost and found section, maybe you'll get lucky. Good luck to you.

·
Registered
6,375 Posts
Omg!!! You are a better man than me. I would be furious with her. No yelling at her want get the bow back but you probaly wouldn't have to worry about it happening again

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
fwiw, iv'e had several friends do the same thing, & most got their bows back. but poeople have to know who to give it back to, so get the word out.

although iv'e never left mine on the roof, iv'e left it on the ground on several occasions after hunting. both times it was there when i came back. on a side note, i left a shotgun in the woods stuck butt first in the snow, for 2 weeks & it was still there when i got back. but 2 feet of snow kept most folks outa' the woods.

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
Omg!!! You are a better man than me. I would be furious with her. No yelling at her want get the bow back but you probaly wouldn't have to worry about it happening again
You wouldn't by chance happen to be wearing one of those white tank-top t-shirts right now would you??.........just wondering

·
74,535 Posts
Happens more than some realize. Buddy did the same thing leaving deer camp one night.
DB

·
Registered
238 Posts
Your story made me sick a little. I hate that. I hope everything works out.

·
Registered
6,375 Posts
You wouldn't by chance happen to be wearing one of those white tank-top t-shirts right now would you??.........just wondering
Yes I am, nothing worse than stupidity

·
Registered
3,521 Posts
We all make mistakes i would not be mad because it sounds like something I would do. Are you sure it was not taken out of your yard?

·
SMOKE-N-FINN
1,228 Posts
Thats what I was thinking, someone stole it, but still gone none the less. Someone once stole my dads hunting rifle, jacket, ect, 2 days before rifle season.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts