Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 531 Posts

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The two time deer contest champs are looking to stay in touch after getting taken down by team 18 this year so we're starting a thread to do so. Congrats team 18 on a heck of a season!

·
kill'n deer, drink'n beer
9,759 Posts
Thanks Hokie! You guys had an awesome run and another good year this year. I’ll be up in Oklahoma for turkey season this year, maybe I’ll see you on a team if you are about the bird life!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Hokie! You guys had an awesome run and another good year this year. I’ll be up in Oklahoma for turkey season this year, maybe I’ll see you on a team if you are about the bird life!

Just getting started with turkeys this year actually but probably not signing up for a team. Idk how hard I’ll get after it and would hate to drag a team down

·
kill'n deer, drink'n beer
9,759 Posts
Just getting started with turkeys this year actually but probably not signing up for a team. Idk how hard I’ll get after it and would hate to drag a team down

I have no clue why I thought Hokies was an Oklahoma team.. maybe I thought it was like the okie from Muskogee song..
good luck turkey hunting for the first time. The earlier in the season the easier it is because the birds are dumber. Hope you get one!

·
When's bow season start?
8,935 Posts
I'm in! We had a great run but got whomped fair and square!

·
Back down to ground level
16,571 Posts
I'm here. Congrats to team 18. They gave us all a whooping. Will have to watch to see if they can break the 3 in a row curse.
Tried to copy and paste hokie's link to this thread into my signature so I don't forget it, but it didn't work. Good luck with the turkey hunting , hokie.

·
Back down to ground level
16,571 Posts
Hark! Signature did work. Just didn't show on past posts. Using the link won't take me here, though. Subscribed to it instead.

·
Registered
19,020 Posts
Thanks boys! You guys have had a hell of a team! We had a lot of luck on our side this last fall. Hoping we can keep it going, if not its all for fun and making new friends!

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks boys! You guys have had a hell of a team! We had a lot of luck on our side this last fall. Hoping we can keep it going, if not its all for fun and making new friends!
Another freakin weekend with overnight snow and no shed hunting. Was hoping to take the boy out today to look for some. Last year he was only 1 when we “went”. That didn’t go so well lol. Looks like 5 more inches tomorrow and a chance for more next weekend too. We’ll get out sometime

·
When's bow season start?
8,935 Posts
Another freakin weekend with overnight snow and no shed hunting. Was hoping to take the boy out today to look for some. Last year he was only 1 when we “went”. That didn’t go so well lol. Looks like 5 more inches tomorrow and a chance for more next weekend too. We’ll get out sometime

Will we? I’m surprised my house hasn’t been swallowed whole and disappeared. Between the rain and snow, my property is a virtual swamp. I wanted to go out back and shoot a bit this weekend. I’ll be caked in mud if I do. Let alone drive back to my woodpile and stock up.

It’s getting old!

But...at least my arrows arrived undamaged. The shipping container was split and partially bent, which ain’t good when it contains a dozen XX78’s. Thankfully they came through unscathed. Maybe I should get some bowfishing arrows. Might have opportunities from the roof of the screen porch lol.

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Will we? I’m surprised my house hasn’t been swallowed whole and disappeared. Between the rain and snow, my property is a virtual swamp. I wanted to go out back and shoot a bit this weekend. I’ll be caked in mud if I do. Let alone drive back to my woodpile and stock up.

It’s getting old!

But...at least my arrows arrived undamaged. The shipping container was split and partially bent, which ain’t good when it contains a dozen XX78’s. Thankfully they came through unscathed. Maybe I should get some bowfishing arrows. Might have opportunities from the roof of the screen porch lol.
Lol there’s an idea. Any of you guys fletch your own? I’m thinking of getting a blitzenburger and starting this year. Axe if you’re still paying attention on here I know you do. Any tips?

·
Registered
19,020 Posts
Lol there’s an idea. Any of you guys fletch your own? I’m thinking of getting a blitzenburger and starting this year. Axe if you’re still paying attention on here I know you do. Any tips?

I fletch all of my arrows and have for the last 7-8 years. Imo the bitz is the way to go! Pricey yes, but well worth the money. Also get the zenith upgrade so your fletchings will be perfectly placed, no slop from the nock with the upgrade. Then pick your fletch and have fun! I always clean the shafts and the vane bases with acetone and have never lost a vane with gorilla auper glue gel

·
Wisconsin Bowhunter
1,580 Posts
I fletch all of my arrows and have for the last 7-8 years. Imo the bitz is the way to go! Pricey yes, but well worth the money. Also get the zenith upgrade so your fletchings will be perfectly placed, no slop from the nock with the upgrade. Then pick your fletch and have fun! I always clean the shafts and the vane bases with acetone and have never lost a vane with gorilla auper glue gel
solid advice

·
When's bow season start?
8,935 Posts
I used to use an Arizona EZ Fletch. Then I decided to try NAP Quickfletch again (tried it once years ago and wasn't impressed). Maybe they improved it or I didn't do a good job but now they look and shoot great. I use the NAP Twisters (tried the Quikspins but like the Twisters better). They work for me. I'm not into taking hours to refletch arrows.

But if I did so again, I'd probably use a Bitz. Pretty much the gold standard.

1 - 20 of 531 Posts