Archery Talk Forum banner

Just pulled the trigger on 60X Strings and cables for my chill

1039 Views 13 Replies 12 Participants Last post by  rockinbowhunter
Pretty nervous. This is a floating yoke setup. I've never changed a cable setup like this.
Is there any instructions or general rules? I have a bowmaster and a bowsquare and level. What else do I need?
Thanks
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
5,932 Posts
Pretty nervous. This is a floating yoke setup. I've never changed a cable setup like this.
Is there any instructions or general rules? I have a bowmaster and a bowsquare and level. What else do I need?
Thanks
Excellent string choice! Take tons of pictures of how the cams, cable guard, etc are routed. Take one yoke off and put one on etc. when they come out of the pkg. they will be paper clipped. Take the clip off careful not to add any twists or untwists to the strings or cables. when installed measure your ATA , Brace height, DL and poundage to make sure they are really close to factory specs. ts must be in the whole way to get the measurements.Any discrepancies , just post on here and others will guide you through it. Not as difficult as it might seem.

· Registered
6,555 Posts
Excellent string choice! Take tons of pictures of how the cams, cable guard, etc are routed. Take one yoke off and put one on etc. when they come out of the pkg. they will be paper clipped. Take the clip off careful not to add any twists or untwists to the strings or cables. when installed measure your ATA , Brace height, DL and poundage to make sure they are really close to factory specs. ts must be in the whole way to get the measurements.Any discrepancies , just post on here and others will guide you through it. Not as difficult as it might seem.
This. Also you should have a timing hole in cam if i remember correctly

· Registered
5,378 Posts
I have one coming as a backup for my Chill. Have bought about 6 strings in the past from them and have been very pleased. Also have sets for my ChillR. If I remember right can you actually remove your cam with that split limb bracket from the Bowmaster on there? You might want to see if a friend has a press you can use. It might be safer.

· Registered Hunter
848 Posts
Replace one cable at a time. Check timing at each change. Add or subtract twist as needed. Then do the string. Check Ata. Add twist to decrease ata or remove to increase. Keep eye on timing marks. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.