Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will rank the bow and why just my opinion and probably don't matter to most but I like reading other's thoughts so I will share mine.
1. Hoyt both of them but mainly the hyperforce the draw was amazing to me. Dead on the shot all bows were shot bare except the triax. I really like the hoyts .
2. Evolve I don't even know if it was a 18 or 17 but again a great draw cycle. Dead in the hand as well really close to the hoyts.
3. Realm draw was nice but did notice a little stack towards the end of the draw cycle still dead in the hand.
4. Triax definitely my least favorite draw out of all the bows seemed the heaviest in draw and physical weight. I don't know if it is the heaviest or just seemed that way. The bow just didn't seem to fit me. It was very nice on the shot just didn't seem to fit me as well as the others.
All these bows are amazing just some of my thoughts. The physical weight on the Triax could have been because of the stabilizer. I am a Hoyt guy so I may be a little bias just going to put that out there now. Never been a PSE guy but the evolved is awesome. Draw cycle and after shot feel of the Hoyt just blew me away. Would love to hear some of your thoughts about all the bows maybe you had different experiences love reading everyone's opinion.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk

·
THWACK!!!!
9,754 Posts
Just goes to show you that it's great we have so many options to choose from. Not everyone is going to like the same bows. So far I have tried the following 2018 bows.
Hoyt carbon defiant and hyperforce
Bowtech realm and realm x
Mathews triax
Pse xpedite
I really wanted to like the Hoyts but wasn't impressed with them. The Bowtechs I liked the realm but didn't care for the realm x. I like the xpedite but just wish it had less vibration to it. Without question the triax was my favorite. If I had to rank them it would be as follows. Triax , realm , carbon Hoyt, hyperforce , xpedite and lastly the realm x.

·
Registered
14,175 Posts
Interesting... different strokes for different folks.

I shot 3 - 2018s the Hoyt was my least favorite. I like my Reign better than the realm. The Triax was my favorite of the 3.

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
The RX1 really disappointed me especially for the price. The one place it excelled was bare bow balance. You could hold it out full arms length and let the shelf rest loosely on the top of your thumb and forefinger and it just sat dead plumb. The Realm X was also close in that regard. The Triax, idk what some guys are smoking, it still is bias top heavy bare. The top will dance sideways if allowed to be held like above with no influence. All 3 set exactly the same, no contest, the Realm X felt the lightest on the draw by a good margin. It also held the best at full draw. On the shot, it had vibe. It may not have been a big deal if it were shot by itself, but shooting it with the Triax, its easy to notice. The Triax is easily the measuring stick for a vibe free bow. Shooting it at a measured 28.5" (half inch short for me) I couldn't nose the string unless I altered my form by tipping my head. I suspect a lot are doing the same and not realizing it or drawing a bow too long for them to use nose contact. I caught myself doing it. In the end, neither of the 3 really impressed me this year. That was the biggest surprise of all.

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
I share your opinion , there not a bad bow in the group but the triax and reign feel better to me than the rest .
Interesting... different strokes for different folks.

I shot 3 - 2018s the Hoyt was my least favorite. I like my Reign better than the realm. The Triax was my favorite of the 3.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I share your opinion , there not a bad bow in the group but the triax and reign feel better to me than the rest .
I definitely agree on there not being a bad bow in the group. If had the money I would own one of each. The wife and the bank account say no to any of them. Maybe one day lol.

·
Registered
13,600 Posts
I will rank the bow and why just my opinion and probably don't matter to most but I like reading other's thoughts so I will share mine.
1. Hoyt both of them but mainly the hyperforce the draw was amazing to me. Dead on the shot all bows were shot bare except the triax. I really like the hoyts .
2. Evolve I don't even know if it was a 18 or 17 but again a great draw cycle. Dead in the hand as well really close to the hoyts.
3. Realm draw was nice but did notice a little stack towards the end of the draw cycle still dead in the hand.
4. Triax definitely my least favorite draw out of all the bows seemed the heaviest in draw and physical weight. I don't know if it is the heaviest or just seemed that way. The bow just didn't seem to fit me. It was very nice on the shot just didn't seem to fit me as well as the others.
All these bows are amazing just some of my thoughts. The physical weight on the Triax could have been because of the stabilizer. I am a Hoyt guy so I may be a little bias just going to put that out there now. Never been a PSE guy but the evolved is awesome. Draw cycle and after shot feel of the Hoyt just blew me away. Would love to hear some of your thoughts about all the bows maybe you had different experiences love reading everyone's opinion.

you forgot prime.
but their release date is in dec 5th for the hunting bow.

·
Oblivious to the Shills
2,507 Posts
No offense to the OP but I don't see why anyone would be the least bit interested in anyone's opinion of any bow shot. It's completely meaningless in the decision making process because it can vary in diametrically opposed extremes from person to person. Everyone knows or should know that t YOU don't have a valid opinion of ANY bow unless YOU shoot it.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
you forgot prime.
but their release date is in dec 5th for the hunting bow.
The shop I shoot at does not have prime. I'm sure they are nice as well. Just can only give my opinion on what I put my hands on. That is all it is an opinion as you can see from other responses everyone is different. I try to get a lot of new people into archery as it is something I have grown to love. I always tell them to shoot every bow they can before making a decision.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
No offense to the OP but I don't see why anyone would be the least bit interested in anyone's opinion of any bow shot. It's completely meaningless in the decision making process because it can vary in diametrically opposed extremes from person to person. Everyone knows or should know that t YOU don't have a valid opinion of ANY bow unless YOU shoot it.

Thanks for sharing jumptruck, I do not plan to buy a "new" bow this year but enjoy watching reviews on Youtube and reading reviews of others impressions. I always research anything before I buy and your write up just may help someone thinking about purchasing one of those bows.
Archer's Helping Archer's

·
Registered
166 Posts
I got to shoot both the Realm and RealmX today. I also shot the Triax. The Realms shoot completely different than one another. The Realm had almost no hand shock but had a lot of residual vibe. Seconds worth of vibe after the shot. The RealmX had a slight thump felt in the hand on the shot but very little residual vibe. The Realm is also much quieter than the RealmX. Maybe they need a good tune or some aftermarket strings. The Triax was dead in the hand with no vibration and it was very quiet. The only downside is it isnt as stable feeling at full draw and the string angle is pretty aggressive. I really want to like the Realms.

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
Ditto this ....also unless the bows cams were timed and not just out of the box and on the shelf - then you really have no idea what the bows really feel like. A bow can feel dramatically different when its timed.

·
Oblivious to the Shills
2,507 Posts
Thanks for sharing jumptruck, I do not plan to buy a "new" bow this year but enjoy watching reviews on Youtube and reading reviews of others impressions. I always research anything before I buy and your write up just may help someone thinking about purchasing one of those bows.
Archer's Helping Archer's
I don't know why you quoted me.
My point was made with the immediate posts of people who had completely different opinions.

If how a bow "feels" to someone else is something you use to make a decision about bows, you don't know jack about bows.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I don't know why you quoted me.
My point was made with the immediate posts of people who had completely different opinions.

If how a bow "feels" to someone else is something you use to make a decision about bows, you don't know jack about bows.
I agree with this but I also enjoy hearing or reading what others think about said product. At the end of the day it is what ever fits you best or you like the best. Still to me I like others weighing in. To me it is fun to discuss what others thought.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts