Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
28 or 28.5 (didnt measure it) and 60lber

Lines from Cams, limbs, to riser were very nice.

Cams:

Great machine work and attention to detail

Limbs:

VERY cleanly made. Little over 2" wide including split area.

Riser:

Great machine work again. the shelf is sa-weet. Grip area has a great feel to it. Limb pockets are very nice and sturdy.

This bow was phenominal to shoot! Absolutely ZERO noise. Definately no need for limb suppressors. Did not chrono it but it was quick.

Put it in the hooter shooter at the shop and was very dead on shot then. No cam lean to mention either.

DOES NOT PULL LIKE A HOYT OR ANY OTHER CAM AND A HALF!!!!!!
THe shop owner even mentioned this and how ultra smooth it was to draw.

I loved the HOYT Carbon Matrix, but this one is better IMO. The draw cycle is definately smoother than the Matrix and its wall id better due to the stops. It seems like a binary but not as tough. Definately smoother than the GT500 and Z28 08.5. 09 Z and this one will be close in the way they pull. If the SR71 pulls like this then DA-YUM! I think it may take a slightly stiffer arrow than one may think but I will need one of my own to play with to make the final determination.

So far this is the BEST 2010 model bow I have shot to date. I suggest you find one, shoot it, and be in awe for yourself!

·
King of the lefties®
2,717 Posts
Thanks for the update Rob. Now find a chrono and lets get some numbers.

So of the bows you have shot, which one would you say the draw cycle is most like?

·
I'm nicer than I appear
8,037 Posts
thanks Rattler...how were the grips on that bow ? :wink:

·
Independent Joe
5,224 Posts
28 or 28.5 (didnt measure it) and 60lber

Lines from Cams, limbs, to riser were very nice.

Cams:

Great machine work and attention to detail

Limbs:

VERY cleanly made. Little over 2" wide including split area.

Riser:

Great machine work again. the shelf is sa-weet. Grip area has a great feel to it. Limb pockets are very nice and sturdy.

This bow was phenominal to shoot! Absolutely ZERO noise. Definately no need for limb suppressors. Did not chrono it but it was quick.

Put it in the hooter shooter at the shop and was very dead on shot then. No cam lean to mention either.

DOES NOT PULL LIKE A HOYT OR ANY OTHER CAM AND A HALF!!!!!!
THe shop owner even mentioned this and how ultra smooth it was to draw.

I loved the HOYT Carbon Matrix, but this one is better IMO. The draw cycle is definately smoother than the Matrix and its wall id better due to the stops. It seems like a binary but not as tough. Definately smoother than the GT500 and Z28 08.5. 09 Z and this one will be close in the way they pull. If the SR71 pulls like this then DA-YUM! I think it may take a slightly stiffer arrow than one may think but I will need one of my own to play with to make the final determination.

So far this is the BEST 2010 model bow I have shot to date. I suggest you find one, shoot it, and be in awe for yourself!
Obviously you have not shot the Destroyer. :rolleyes:

I have found that the 2010 line ups are pretty close and it will come down to personal choice. The consumer definately has a tough choice between some great bows. The pocket book may be the deciding factor for many.

·
Independent Joe
5,224 Posts

·
Independent Joe
5,224 Posts
Obviously you have not shot the Destroyer. :rolleyes:
QUOTE]

I am confused. You say this in one thread, yet in another thread where the guy is asking for any strother reviews, you say the Strother is the better bow?

:confused:
That would be why the little sarcastic guy is there. :wink:

Not saying it's a better bow. Saying that I would pick it over the other.

·
Independent Joe
5,224 Posts
That $819 is MSRP

·
Registered
20,621 Posts
what does map stand for?
Minimum Advertised Price

A dealer can sell for what he wants to, but he/she cannot advertise below the manufacturers minimum or they are in violation of their contract.

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks for the update Rob. Now find a chrono and lets get some numbers.

So of the bows you have shot, which one would you say the draw cycle is most like?
I has more of a Binary feel but not really....almost its own smooth feel. A mix in smoothness between the 08.5 Z and the 09 Z - closer to the 09....you have to pull one. Best pulling bow I have ever felt in 24yrs of shootin

1 - 20 of 30 Posts