Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddy had his last 3D shoot of the year and I thought it would be cool to hang a couple cams at the shooting stake and at the animal itself, so I could transfer it to a disk and play next year at the shoots. On one I left in the test mode so no pics. The other one had 476 pics. Went to view them and only have about 24 of people and about 450 of just the walking bear. It wasn't just stuck or repeating as going through you could see weeds moving, rain coming down, su the cloudy. Checked the settings and meant to have it on 60 seconds but had it on 10 min. and double pics. Still would have thought it would have been taking people pics though. Oh yeah. People came in saying they had a constant flashing red light when they were at the shooting stake, the on in test mode. Always hear of everybody getting 300-800 pics (I've never gone over a salt block or anything) and was really excited about getting over 470! What a let down.:embara:

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
If it is a Snapshot sniper w/lcd, board, then it sounds like a low power 9V battery that runs the board. when it gets too low, it will trigger a major series of pics like this. OThers will chimie in and probably have a better answer., but that is what happened to me one time.
Kevin

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry, it is a Yeti with fast hack (both were). Again the one when I pulled it and saw no pics I found I left it in test mode. The one that took all the pics had new lithiums in the camera (both cams) and an alkaline 9 volt. I have used the 9V on and off through the summer (week here, week there) so thought it was okay. Just checked real quick and the one with the pics the 9V is 19.4 mA (I guess that is the right one, mA), and the other at 20.4 mA. Again maybe just the timing was off and was getting people after they had just left (it also was on double pi mode) or else the sensitivity was too high. It was raining pretty heavy at times but the dessicant was dry so assuming no water got in. Just one of those things but is disappointing but also great to finally get 450 pics in about 7 hours.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts