Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so found out the other day that my Admiral finally shipped out Wednesday. I want to make sure this thing is tuned to the 9s. Going to be shooting it at 60#, Beman MFX 340s, Blood Runners, and Fusion 2" vanes. Also going to try tying in my nocking points. I want to make sure my Blood Runners hit with my field points. So here's what I'm planning on doing with it to make sure that happens:

1. Paper tune. Stacy will do that at the shop no matter what.

2. Bareshaft tune. Gonna start at 10 yards, then on to 15 and 20

3. Broadhead tune at 20 then 40, and possibly 50, gonna try to keep my max distance on an animal under 50.

If anyone has any input or suggestions, I'd appreciate it! This bow will be my first attempt to really tune my bow very well, since it's only my 3rd bow and only been doing this stuff seriously for a little over 2 years.

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
Advice, On whitetails keep it to 35-40 ND UNDER. I stay under 30 and shoot up in 3-D shoots most times. an animal can drop before a arrow ever arrives. But hey do what ya want.

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Definitely understand that!! I plan on setting stands to keep shots under 30, but, I do have a few places that I could shoot out to 70 if I wanted. I just want to make sure that my Blood Runners hit with my field points no matter how far I shoot. Especially if I get a chance to get down to Ft. Steward or a day or two at on of my friend's places shooting hogs!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts