Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
Bear Resurgence LD 70lb 31.5 draw/Damon Howitt Cavilier 25# at 28 32 at the tips
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to hunting, first year will be this year. But archery is a thing I've enjoyed a long time. Love trad and compound. Here some groupings would love to just talk sticks with people! Thinking about buying a backtention hinge release. Any thoughts?
Textile Wood Creative arts Rectangle Art

Textile Cabinetry Art Wood Interior design

Textile Purple Interior design Art Creative arts

Paint Art Musical instrument Finger Wood

Musical instrument Wind instrument Woodwind instrument Art Paint

·
Registered
Bear Resurgence LD 70lb 31.5 draw/Damon Howitt Cavilier 25# at 28 32 at the tips
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good shooting! What distance was that from? Going to start damaging arrows if ya keep grouping em like that.
Only 10 yard basement shots. They better be grouped like that! Lol but all jokes aside the wife is sick and haven't been able to hike out and truly have some fun. But as anyone will say practice in any way you can and 10-15 yd pot shots in the basement on my townhouse are a good place to practice!

·
Registered
Elite Gt500, Elite Envy ×2, Elite Synx, Elite GTO
3,622 Posts
Hello all you people! What set ups is everyone running?
I shoot a Elite Gt500, Elite Synergy Extreme and my favorite Elite Envy. All have Axcel carbon pro sights with Ultraview view scopes and hamskea rests. For arrows Envy is shooting Victory vap SS elites, Synergy extreme is shooting Victory Rip tko elites and Gt500 is shooting Victory Vforce elites. Going to be adding another Envy to the mix soon.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I shoot a Elite Gt500, Elite Synergy Extreme and my favorite Elite Envy. All have Axcel carbon pro sights with Ultraview view scopes and hamskea rests. For arrows Envy is shooting Victory vap SS elites, Synergy extreme is shooting Victory Rip tko elites and Gt500 is shooting Victory Vforce elites. Going to be adding another Envy to the mix soon.
So freaking jealous! My wife gave me full permission to buy a nice bow (not that my bear resurgence LD isn't hella nice) but I decided maybe in a few years cause it had been years since I shot and who knew I was gonna get hit this hard with the big again. Been back at it for about 3 weeks now. At least 100 arrows a day. When I got my new trad arrows I shot those about 300-400 times that day! My recurve is a Damon howitt cavilier #25 at 28 about #32 at the fingers.

·
Registered
3,622 Posts
So freaking jealous! My wife gave me full permission to buy a nice bow (not that my bear resurgence LD isn't hella nice) but I decided maybe in a few years cause it had been years since I shot and who knew I was gonna get hit this hard with the big again. Been back at it for about 3 weeks now. At least 100 arrows a day. When I got my new trad arrows I shot those about 300-400 times that day! My recurve is a Damon howitt cavilier #25 at 28 about #32 at the fingers.
I learned on a recurve when I was 5. Shot recurve until I was 12. My first compound was a Golden Eagle with steel cables. Didn't fit me at all lol. Moved onto nicer stuff as I progressed. Might get back to recurves in the future.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I learned on a recurve when I was 5. Shot recurve until I was 12. My first compound was a Golden Eagle with steel cables. Didn't fit me at all lol. Moved onto nicer stuff as I progressed. Might get back to recurves in the future.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
I've had my DH for 8-9 years now. Got it with my first compound craigslist bow and ironically it's the only bow I've never gotten rid of. If nothing else (this is really why I like trad shooting) it's good plinking at low weight so you can keep your compound tuned high for fun but still have an easy shoot. Having said that these 70lb bow pull back a lot easier into the let off compared to the last time I was shooting

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Welcome from Illinois. Compound…..Elite E35, Enkore, and Remedy. Traditional……Bob Lee Classic Takedown, RER XL, and a bunch of Bear bows of which my favorites are the 1964 Kodiak, 1967 1/2 Super K, and a 1999 “Freddy Kruger” Bear takedown.

·
Back Yard Champion
34,579 Posts
Hello all you people! What set ups is everyone running?
My hunt bow is plain-Jane and 3 target bows. I think I've got 13 or 14 compounds bows, collectors (wall hangers) and shooters.
My last two. Just haven't found another compound target bow that winds my clock.

Ok Archery Absolute 38 and older Ben Pearson, 2018, MX3 - Sure Loc sight frames, Bee Stinger stabs, Archery Specialty peeps. 3 index releases, 3 thumb releases, and 6 hinges.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,622 Posts
I'm shooting the trufire hardcore. Wish I got a thumb or hinge but I love this one. I'll get another one for my birthday or Xmas or something lol
Not a bad release but I'd give the carter RX1 and Like Mike 2 a look. Hard to beat either of those for a index release.

·
Registered
gearhead T-24, but have shot and owned almost every bow company including several that are no more
3,056 Posts
Welcome from Penn State, nice shooting. You asked about a back release, that is what I love about archery trying new stuff! Enjoy the process!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts