Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Below is an email I sent my wife giving her a heads up that I was going to buy another bow and didn't want any lip:

Hello my lovely, understanding wife….:)

I know yer busy but me wants to ask ya sumpin. I was cruising around at lunch on an archery sight and the good Lord led me to a real good deal on a bow…….. Shhh….quiet down….I know I just bought one a year ago, but this one is an upgrade to a newer, much smoother and quieter bow and it won’t be much more money than what mine is worth when I sell it.……you’re my reason to live….without you I’m like underwear without elastic………a bra without support………Levi without gas……I could on forever but I know you are an emotional woman and I don’t want to get you to sobbing over all this romantic stuff while at work.

Her Reply:

Honey you know I’ve never cared about you gettin new toys. I reckon u could keep a sweet talkin me tho…cause its perty nice. U jest member that I love u with all my heart!

lovely

Anyway....feel free to copy and paste this if you are planning on making a big purchase.....it's been proven to work.....not sure if you have an 11 year old son named Levi with gas but you can delete that part.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Thats not what my wife would reply back with..... I would get banned forever if i posted what she would say...LOL

·
Registered
777 Posts
bud with a reply like hers i don't think she would have minded any way though it is funny and smart of you to do that first. I wouldn't be able to post what my wife would say.even with the sweet talk attached. you should also probably take her out to dinner. thanks for the advice though

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
She's a good woman for sure.....God has blessed me with her......She figures as long as the bills are getting paid she don't care what happens.

·
11,954 Posts
If you send emails like that to your wife all the time, she will never give you a hard time over buying anything. That is what I do, works all the time. Plus it helps if you take the trash out and give her a kiss for no reason on a regular basis. Just sayin.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I figure it's better to be up front about a big purchase rather than hide it anyway.....I spoil her too...so it goes both ways.

·
Registered
3,595 Posts

·
Reverend
6,940 Posts
"Ask the wife for permission?" Are you smokin crack again!? What is this world coming to? When did you start wearing women's underwear?
Com'n man, quit giving us men a bad rap. Here's what to do: Take off your skirt, man up, and tell her what you're going to do, rather than ask her, like some hen-pecked sissy boy...

JK... I couldn't resist. :wink:

·
Registered
324 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You boys got me curious now...lol

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have a 2009 Hoyt SuperHawk and just purchased a 2010 Elite Z28...haven't received it yet....any thoughts on differences between the two bows?

·
Premium Member
11,427 Posts
You know I was just teasing...
I learned long ago that if "mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy..."
aint that the truth..besides..ya know the difference between a pitbull and a woman with pms?...

"lipstick"

:)

·
Registered
672 Posts
Seems too safe.. Maybe she's setting you up for a $350 blender?

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Momma had been wanting one of those new washer and dryers for some time and she got them a few months back......then ol dad sat back and figured he had some leverage come bow season.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts