Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
1,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How come everybody that shoots the bows on his tv show, looks like there draw length is 3 inches to long. The dang nock comes back almost under there eyes. Doesn't look to comfortable to shoot with a long draw length like that.

· Registered
475 Posts
Everytime I watch they are either fishing or rifle hunting:eek: Or Dave is sittin over a watering hole in Africa.

· Registered
1,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What

I ment to say is the string were the nock hooks is 2-3 inches back from the corner of there mouth.

· Registered
1,722 Posts
it is all about comfort and repeatability. If it works then go with it. I'm not a fan of Dave Watson, he is very boring. I have no idea how he got a TV show but he seems to be a pretty good shot. I guess the extra long draw works for him.

· Registered
1,516 Posts
Don't forget he plays a McPherson guitar:zip:

Kinda like Yamaha, building pianos and motorcycles:confused:

Off the subject, SORRY

· Registered
11,635 Posts
I was hoping one of the guys at the Matthews Invitational could help him out a little. :wink:
Different strokes for different folks I guess. If he's confident with it, it's comfortable for him and he hits what he aims at, I say leave it alone. :)

Lien2

· Registered
12,598 Posts
Remember these guys, like 98% of the bow buying public, are deer hunters. Most haven't the vaguest idea about proper form or draw length. Most don't need it. They are quite accurate enough at the distances most deer are shot. I have been to few pro-shops (the proper word would be hunting stores) who know how to properly set draw length. Most these days set them too short instead of too long though.

· Registered
1,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I was watching

one of Jay Gregorys videos the one time. The guy was shooting matthews bows and I swear the nock was almost touching his ear. Are matthews bows that slow that you need an extra 4 inches of draw to shoot flat. I had an switch back xt that I shot 298 with. Gold tip 55/75 74 pounds 28 inch arrow 28.5 inch draw. What is the deal.

· Registered
1,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
On top

of all things they don't hardly get any arrow penetration.

· Registered
2,039 Posts
All I can say is at least he didn't edit out his high hit. I think anyone that has ever shot any deer before has spine shot at least one or they sure will some time in the future.
I say congrats to Dave for getting the job of his dreams instead of spending the rest of his life singing Alvira.
If you have never had the pleasure to meet Dave he is a real nice guy with the same passion for archery that most of us have.

Good Luck

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.