Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
6,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, last night I was sitting here watching the persuit channel, and saw a guy that was sitting in a blind.. hunting for PHESANTS!!

he said "three light up arrows, three carbon express arrows, three dead birds."

asn as we speak.. I am watching Innerlocks "outthere" and yeah, it was definatly "out there"

this guy was bow hunting bull frogs!! not kiding, honest to god huntig bull frogs!!

he would shoot one and was getting all excited saying "Oh my thats a booner of a bull frog!"

you have got to be kidding me!!

although that shows how accurate a pearson with R2B2 cams is though!

at the end of the show, they were bow fishing here.. shooting at all these fish that were jumping out of the water all over the place!

I have officially seen it all.. now that the new QAD rest commericial is over.:mg::eek:

·
Registered
23,633 Posts
"Ain't Nothing Safe"

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
well, last night I was sitting here watching the persuit channel, and saw a guy that was sitting in a blind.. hunting for PHESANTS!!

he said "three light up arrows, three carbon express arrows, three dead birds."

asn as we speak.. I am watching Innerlocks "outthere" and yeah, it was definatly "out there"

this guy was bow hunting bull frogs!! not kiding, honest to god huntig bull frogs!!

he would shoot one and was getting all excited saying "Oh my thats a booner of a bull frog!"

you have got to be kidding me!!

although that shows how accurate a pearson with R2B2 cams is though!

at the end of the show, they were bow fishing here.. shooting at all these fish that were jumping out of the water all over the place!

I have officially seen it all.. now that the new QAD rest commericial is over.:mg::eek:
God forbid anyone have a little fun with a bow in their hand......

·
Banned
6,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
God forbid anyone have a little fun with a bow in their hand......
thats not the point.. fun is what its all about.. I guess you had to see it to really believe what was going on. it was like he was shooting a 180" white tail or something!

and .... hunting frogs with a bow.. unheard of around here really!

·
Registered
23,633 Posts
thats not the point.. fun is what its all about.. I guess you had to see it to really believe what was going on. it was like he was shooting a 180" white tail or something!

and .... hunting frogs with a bow.. unheard of around here really!
I cut my archery teeth shooting big ole bullfrogs in the crick by my house with fiberglass recurves and arrows when I was a kid...can't remember ever having so much carefree fun...

Miss them days...

·
Registered
122 Posts
[and .... hunting frogs with a bow.. unheard of around here really![/QUOTE]

well Duh, everybody knows there is no booner bullfrogs in Proctor:D

·
Banned
6,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
[and .... hunting frogs with a bow.. unheard of around here really!
well Duh, everybody knows there is no booner bullfrogs in Proctor:D[/QUOTE]

LOL well.. I have never seen them.. just tree frogs or whatever they are! i guess Hastings is the Deep south huh!:darkbeer::ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
10,964 Posts
I think it's terrific:) If everyone had as much fun in the woods there would be alot more of us hunters

·
Registered
243 Posts
i saw that same show and thought it was cool as hell. next time i go frogging i am definately bringing my bow. ive seen chris brackett shooting those fish on arrow addiction before. now that looks like fun i would love to try that.

we have these huge black grass hoppers here in louisiana and they are everywhere at my place at a certain time of the year. last time they were here i got after them with my bow from about 15 yards that was pretty fun.

·
Registered
7,623 Posts
Its a Southern Thang ,, you wouldnt understand.
Definately!

I shoot at blackbirds in my backyard all year round and its fun... funny... and good practice. Oh yeah... and the neighbors cat too:zip:j/k

This one time I saw a guy get all excited after he killed a nice buck! couldnt believe it. I said " Calm down, this isnt suppossed to be fun"(in my manly voice):mg:

Call me crazy for using my weapon to kill stuff:confused:

·
Registered
7,623 Posts
i saw that same show and thought it was cool as hell. next time i go frogging i am definately bringing my bow. ive seen chris brackett shooting those fish on arrow addiction before. now that looks like fun i would love to try that.

we have these huge black grass hoppers here in louisiana and they are everywhere at my place at a certain time of the year. last time they were here i got after them with my bow from about 15 yards that was pretty fun.
A handfull of arrows with judo tips can be a blast!

·
Fat Jesus
29,130 Posts
Thanks for making me hungry...Man I'd like to have a plate full of fried frog legs right now, them's some good eating right there.

·
Registered
24,953 Posts
chris brackett? arrow affliction? sounds like the show your talking about. i love that show

·
Registered
494 Posts
Frogs

We went to the canal last weekend and shot frogs w our bows It was a blast my boys were muddy and tired from retrieving my arrows but they had a ball..glad to hear about this my wife said " you know your a ******* when" when we got home coverfed in mud and the boys blood

·
Registered
24,953 Posts
I dont think he was talking about arrow affliction.
theres a show where he hunts dove from a blind, bull frogs and of course flying carp.

sounds close to his show at least.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Didn't see the show, but the Illinois River is full of Asian carp, a non-native species. Apparently, the vibrations from the boat's motor freaks them out and they jump out of the water and it's game on. I haven't done it yet, but it looks cool.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts