Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
KELSO, Wash. – Kelso, Wash., police said a man used his compound bow to interrupt an apparent break-in at a nearby vacant home, wounding a fleeing man in the buttocks. Police said the man grabbed his hunting bow late Sunday night and chased a suspected prowler for more than three blocks. When the fleeing man refused to stop, the bowhunter shot him with a broadhead arrow.
A 32-year-old Longview man later sought treatment at St. John Medical Center for an arrow wound to the left buttock. Doctors removed the arrow tip and the man was listed in satisfactory condition Monday.
Kelso Police Capt. Vern Thompson said there were no immediate arrests and the investigation continues. He said charges against both men are possible.

This guy must be a pretty good shot to hit a running person! I would be trying to range the perp and hope I was right!

·
Registered
478 Posts
I loves me some compound bow shooting, but in that line of action I default to the scattergun.

·
Registered
11,754 Posts
I'm layin' 10 to 1 that the shooter gets charged. He shot him running away??? Not good...even though the perp deserved it ( and probably more) the law frowns on such deeds.
Who were those border guys? Ramos and Campion or something like that. Now those two guys REALLY got the SHAFT! And that was for doing the right thing.

·
Registered
116 Posts
i need to shake this guys hand.

·
bow nut
4,699 Posts
Pure luck he didn't kill him. He could have hit an artery or something vital. Hell he could have hit him in the spine. Then he would be facing jail time for sure. I'm not taking the side of the perp. Just saying how the court will see it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts