Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
K&n archery outfitters is located in western ky and ive hunted with owner/outfitter and head cook brad nelson since he got started outfitting last year. Last year i had bad luck seen several deer rattled and called several in just no shooters close enough. This year it was my fault had two shooters at less than 25 yards and the first shooter was a 8pt low to mid 140s got greedy and passed , second buck 10pt mid to high 140s it was at 18 yards broadside for several minutes and i got greedy and passed. Brad runs a first class outfit he will only allow 3 hunters per week and only hunts property 4 weeks archery only 130 min. The genetics he has on that piece of property is outstanding. Im already booked to go back next year. I believe he has 1 week still open end of oct. This year which will make the third week / group hunted first two groups were 2 hunters each. If someone wants more info you can call brad 1(270)871-9619, or you can call me as reference (904)626-6393

· Registered
51 Posts
The only thing I would pass on those deer is an arrow through them. I will give you a call to get some specifics for next years hunts. Fair chase? Not fenced?

· Registered
780 Posts
kn outfitters

i'm not sure, but i believe my friend will and i were the first to book with brad. all i can say is he's a great guy, runs a great outfit, and has great deer! i've been on several hunts with different outfitters and brad is certainly at the top of the heap. if i didn't have to pay it'd be like hunting with an old friend!:teeth:

· Registered
222 Posts
2009 will be my third year hunting with Brad. I have seen some really good deer and actually missed a 160 in full velvet last year:mad:

He has a great set up. Lodging is right there on the property and its only a short badboy ride to your stand.

· Registered
780 Posts
k&n outfitters

i wanted to bump brad back to the top of the list! had a another great trip with brad this year. as always, everything was top notch. lodging on the property in a farm house, good food, and great hunting. it was a lot of fun. out of 4 hunters, 2 got kills, one drew blood, and one had to leave after only getting to hunt 2 evenings. had he been able to stay all 5 days, i'm sure he'd gotten a shot too. i don't have any pics on the computer i'm using now, but the deer in my avatar was taken this year. i haven't officially scored it, but i'm guessing it's around 140. that seems to be the concensus with everyone who has seen it too. the other deer that was killed was 150ish and the one that was wounded was a big 8 i believe.

hope everyone has a great season!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.