Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I'd give a plug for one of the smaller FITA style sources out there K1. I've bought from them before and the service was always really good and fast.

My wife decided she wanted a new Nexus in white while we were at Louisville. I called K1 last week and he said he had one coming later in the week (very nice guy to talk to). I needed some other do-dads such as pink vanes (for the wife), 60cm faces, serving and Beiter nocks so I placed an order for everything last Tuesday and lo and behold everything was waiting for me when I got home last night. Heather loves the look of her new Nexus. More a pearly white than the one that was at the Hoyt booth. She can't wait to shoot it.

If you are looking for some target accessories and need a good source try K1.

http://www.k1-archery.com/

·
Registered
423 Posts
They are small but cater to recurve only so you don't have to wade through a web site loaded with compound and traditional stuff. Their prices are lower on a lot of items than the other place too. I like em.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I have purchased from them as well. They are a wonderful company in Southern California. Their shipping is always fast and service is always great. I would highly recommend them.

Clover
D'arce

·
Registered
423 Posts
Here we are plugging them and they're closed until March 31st. LOL

Orders will be filled in the order they are received.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Another thumbs up for K1, I almost always order my stuff from him. The only time I'd order somewhere else is if he says he don't have the stuff and it'll take him a few days to get it. Great guy and just happen to be local to me, so I see him all the time at the local shoots.

·
Registered
38,292 Posts
I've ordered from Lancaster and K1, and both have worked out fine for me.

Fred of K1 is also a coach (I don't know any details about his coaching) and has actually tried to talk me out of making a purchase he thought was counterproductive (I was looking into buying a very light set of limbs to practice form). If you want knowledgeable and sometimes opinionated personal service with a specialty in FITA recurve, you should give K1 a look.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Lol, that is so true. When I switched to the Helix, all of a sudden my beiter plunger was too short. So I was deadset on just buying a longer cylinder. Friedhelm talked me out of that and sold me a $4 piece of tip that is longer than the one I had. Worked great.

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That is good service. First the knowledge to ask the right questions to steer you to make the correct choice and the ethics to sell you the $4.00 piece vs the $110.00+ piece.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Until I saw one, I never would've thought I'd like one in white. But, my eye kept going to that one in the Hoyt booth. She made an excellent choice...

As for K1, I've never ordered from them, but it's nice to have alternatives. From what I'm hearing ,they sound like a stand up bunch. I'll have to give them a try:).

·
Registered
667 Posts
I also have to praise Fred at K1. I had been looking for a swing bar for years. I was able to order one thru him. It took a while to get it but he kept in touch with me until I received it.

I also see that he carries the arrowhead chest guard and the SOMA tab. Not a lot of people do this. I also beleive he is the only one carriying the fiberbow.

TomG

·
Registered
174 Posts
I have ordered stuff from him in the afternoon and got it the next day but I am local.
He helped me with my form recently(even though I wasn't asking for it) and I think as a coach he knows what he is talking about.
The same as Targetbutt's experience he has also talked me out of buying something expensive when I did not need it.
Great guy for sure.

·
Registered
667 Posts
well tom tell me how do you like your swingbar?
I just love this thing. I had it set up traditionnaly for a while, meaning mounted in the front with the pivot on the back of the riser, below the grip. About 3 month ago I dicided to mount it in the back with the pivot in the front of the grip, above the central stabiliser. It raises the center of gravity and the bow becomes a lot livelier. I had experienced this with other set-up but the bow wasn't very stable during aiming, with this set up, no problem... I'll try to post pictures later.

TomG

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Gotta hijack this thread a bit too about the swingbars.

I've messed about with mine for a while, I like the feel of how the bow vibrates post-shot. I have mine set up on my old Axis, with the pivot behind the riser, and bolted to the front. I think that if I pick up field, this will the way to go.

I need to take this out for an outdoor FITA and see what I think.

Any tips from you 2 guys?

·
Registered
667 Posts
Your set up if how it is supposed to be. I just like to be special...

I remember doing some experiments when was a teenager on the center of gravity. I found that the more in line with the line of pressure, the better the bow reacted. It would just jump out of my hand. However it would tilt violently and it was not very stable while aiming. When I discovered the swing bar I realized that it creates two different centers of gravity. In the plane perpendicular to the pivot (string plane) it is like all the weight are positioned at the pivot point. In the plane parallel to the pivot, the weight are constantly pointing doenward, making the bow vertical. It was just what I needed. It took me years before I could put my hands on one... Also the dampening effect is great during the tilting of the bow. It makes it less voilent with such a high center of gravity.

I looks like the swing bars are making a comeback. Especially after the last world indoor championship. The winner (German) was shooting with one...

TomG

·
Registered
636 Posts
just had a set of arrows that arrived today from K1. Shipping was fast (about 1 week to singapore) and was more than what was quoted, but there were no extra charges. Great service.:)

and lots of confetti too.

Attachments

·
Registered
174 Posts
New web sight

Friedhelm has his new and improved web sight up and running and it looks pretty user friendly from what I have seen so far.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Freds Number

Does anyone have Freds phone number?
It's no longer on his website and the email form isn't working for me.....I need some stuff....help.

Thanks!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Here here!

k1-archery.com is the best archery store in my opinion because of the hands on customer service. I'm sure the big guys out there were the same way when they were a one man show. I hope and wish much success for Freidhelm, the future looks very bright.

I think the only negative thing that has occurred in the past year as for Freidhelm is the lack of free time to practice (just kidding of course).

Keep up the good work buddy, we all know and appreciate the long hard work that you have put in to grow your business.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts