Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hoping for some help. I'm in the US Navy stationed here in Kansas. I live near KC but travel the entire state. If anyone could help point me to some decent bowhunting spots I would be grateful.

Thanks

·
Registered
65 Posts
I moved to Topeka about a year ago from southeastern KS. I still hunt back home but have did some glassing around up here. I see quite a few deer around Perry lake, there is quite a bit of land there to hunt. If you travel the whole state then I would pick up a walk in hunting map at wal-mart, and start from there.

I have picked up a few spots to hunt on up here by knocking on doors, but if you head out into more rural areas you could probably pick up decent spots in no time with some time spent on back roads.

Good luck on finding a spot!
Justin

·
Registered
15,256 Posts
I grew up in KS there is a whole lotta state ground between kingman and pratt and I seen some pretty large bucks and such when i hunted there

·
In constant pursuit of...
8,435 Posts
AH, Living in the Land of OZ

You are in a give-me with unit 19 and they have opened Fort Leavenworth up to hunting, get your name in with www.kdwp.state.ks.us they will call you if anyone wants herd reduction. Pottawatomie Co. has the #1 unofficail Ks record Non- typ. and the #4 Typ. Lots of deer at Perry. If you want Muley I would look at Cedar Bluff State Park but a very long drive. Good Luck and get out and knock on some doors, if the wiha atlas isn't in stores, you can see it at the above web site. Sincerely, Brian

·
Registered
87 Posts
Get the WIHA. You can also get the county maps online from the KDWP site. The walk-in hunting program is one of the best things they've done for the average man in a long time.

There are lots of acres of public ground around the reservoirs and state WMAs as well.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks

Thanks to everyone for the input. I sincerely appreciate it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts