Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in KC for business this week and was wondering if there are any good pro shops in the area. I need to kill some time in the evening and tried Cabelas last night but that was disappointing to say the least.

Thanks
Matt

·
Registered
151 Posts
I don't live in The k/c area but you need to go see Earl. I think it's B&B archery or somthing like that The guy moves a lot of equipment. I started shooting league with his step daughter. heard all about him but have never met.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Andy's Archery just north of Kc is a pretty good shop too. They are really friendly and know their stuff. Plus they have an indoor shooting range.

·
Registered
873 Posts
B&B archery in raytown, Avid Archery in olathe, Roger's sporting goods in North Kansas City.
B&B is a bowtech dealer among other things, Avid carries Mathews and Hoyt i believe, and i've never been to Rogers, but from what i hear, it's a pretty good selection

if you are heading west, try Hack's Outfitters in Lawrence, Ks

·
Registered
91 Posts
Vics Archery in St Joseph is worth the drive! 816-232-3450.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks

Thanks for all of the input. I will have to choose one and try it out. I am looking for a new sight, possibly an HHA. Cabelas selection and staff wasn't the best.

Thanks Again

·
Registered
33 Posts
You didn't like the mule deer exhibit? Might possibly be the most impressive taxidermy and animal display i've ever seen. I spent 30 seconds looking at the archery stuff and 2 hours looking at the animals.

·
Registered
3,868 Posts
BB Archery is the best shop in the KC metro area in my opinion. They have the most stuff in stock too, and are wonderful people to sit and talk to. The guys at Rogers in Liberty are good too, and have a lot of hunting-related products to boot. If you're up at Roger's, Andy's is a couple miles from there and I hear good things about them.

There are no other shops in the immediate KC metro area that I would go to even if I needed even something simple, and I mean that. As previous posters have mentioned, there are some good shops in outlying areas like St. Joseph that are really worth a look.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I have looked for B&B Archery in Raytown and I went to the address stated and found it out to be a residential address. I did not stop because it just looked like a home. Is this correct or does B&B have a commercial building and I just found another place with the same address?

·
Registered
4,642 Posts
rsw said:
How about archery ranges?

They is a VERY nice MDC outdoor archery range at Platte City, (5 mins North of the airport). Maintained backstops, covered shelter, concrete walk ways to the butts, 2 butts each at 10, 20, 30, 40 and 50 yds, concreted shooting line. Best part is it's free to shoot there.

PM if your coming to KC.... I'll get you directions, Id even shoot with you (if Im not in the woods...)

Fixer

·
Registered
4,883 Posts
Thanks, Fixer. Is that the one where you turn east off of 29 just past the Platte City exit? I shot at a range about 2-3 miles east of 29 a few years ago, but it wasn't very well maintained then.

I stay at the airport Fairfield Inn 3-4 times a year as I work at Ft Leavenworth occasionally.

·
Registered
4,642 Posts
Yep, that's the one..... about 1 mile East of 29 on cnty hwy HH.... Platte Falls Conservation Area. I'll hunt there from time to time too. MDC concreted the walkways and put up new shelters and stuff last year. Definately a nice outdoor facility now. Shoot me a line next time yer in town if you want to shoot.

Fixer

·
The Godfather
7,295 Posts
Tincup said:
I have looked for B&B Archery in Raytown and I went to the address stated and found it out to be a residential address. I did not stop because it just looked like a home. Is this correct or does B&B have a commercial building and I just found another place with the same address?

You found it. It's in what looks like the garage

·
Registered
212 Posts
Thank you Crackers. There were several trucks in the driveway but I was'nt sure I had the right place. I'll check them out this weekend.

·
Registered
4,883 Posts
I will be staying near the KC airport for the two weeks prior to Vegas. Is there a good indoor archery range where I can practice during this period nearby?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts