Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Oklahoma State University
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was fortunate enough to get a buck in Kansas yesterday morning. He came in at first light and I was forced to watch him at the base of our tree for several minutes with no shot due to a lack of camera light. After several minutes of browsing on grass allowing the camera precious light he walked off and at 20 yards I came to full draw and my camera guy at the time, Jeff Danker, couldn't get on him. He then fed off to 90 yards and to say I was upset and frustrated would be an understatement. But by the grace of God he began feeding back our way and I came to full draw again only to have him freak out and run when I tried to stop him with a soft grunt. I was fortunate enough that he stopped around 36 yards and I held my pin (set to 20) about 6 inches above where I wanted to hit and the arrow found it's mark and he ran only 120 yards before piling up.

Thanks goes out to Jeff for filming me, (yes I really enjoy calling him MY camera guy, haha) Clark Schmidt with Saltgrass Outfitters for providing the land in Central Kansas, and the 3 other people that filmed me the 10 days of hunting prior to the Kill. Justin Roller, Chase and Jenae Settle.

145 7/8"

Attachments

·
Registered
4,838 Posts
Very nice buck! Congrats!!

·
Oklahoma State University
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Awesome buck! Congrats. Will it show on Buckventures or MLB?

BuckVentures for sure. We might possibly do a show this year for Major League with us Field Producers so it may show up there too, especially since Jeff is the one who filmed me.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Absolutely. I only took Tech Ed one year but definitely know him. I made a bird house in his class. lol
Cool. I asked David if he knew you, he said yes and he had a lot of very nice things to say about you. My family and I come through Prague 3-4 time a year when we go see them in Shawnee. BTW, I didn't mean to hijack your thread. Good luck the rest of the season and stay safe brother.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.