Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://woodlandguidesoutdoors.com/

Woodland Guides is expanding to new properties next year totaling over 12k additional acres of the top hunting properties in our area. One of the new properties has not been hunted in a generation. We will be making food plots, placing feeders and stands in the properties as well as implementing sanctuary areas. These new grounds will be an addition to our hunting in 2011 with 6 new spots open to hunt these grounds. 100% opportunity for 140 or better is our yearly goal for our grounds. 2 of the properties have age requirements to hunting them in addition.

We are a small guide service in north east Kansas located in the Flint Hills. We provide lodging and food, hunting 5 days for 2500 (7 in camp). Our whitetail hunting has a minimum requirement of 140 inches. There are no trophy fees and no hidden fees.

We primarily hunt archery in november leaving october unhunted so that our ground attract as many deer as possible without guides hunting the grounds so that we attract as many deer as possible to the grounds and keeping the deer from smelling human odor which will suppress rut especially for the older mature deer in the 5 to 7 year old range.

CDY_0216 (Large).JPG picket_03.jpg 6.2.JPG 2.2.JPG fat (Large).JPG CDY_0125 (Large).JPG ferman buck.jpg D_0022.jpg my08buck.jpg boonecrocket.jpg

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
we just leased 3000 new acres. part of it is on the kansas river backed by a very large timber. 2 other sections are very secluded and have a very good whitetail habitat.

we should get all our new food plots in next week and we will start to put together a scouting video over the spring and summer.

we have a couple spots open in september and a couple openings in november.

thanks;
victor martin

·
Registered
204 Posts
I just booked a 2012 hunt with Vic and I am unbelievably excited. I must say I have been very reluctant about booking a hunt out of state. Vic has answered numerous emails from me and basically walked me through what to expect. I can tell by his attitude that he is driven to help people succeed on their hunt.

He has already started keeping me updated with photos and his plans for my hunt.

Thanks Vic! See you soon!

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
just to give everyone an idea how this year went...

we had 12 hunters in 2011. we had 4 shot and recovered deer, the largest being 175.75", also 3 wounded/unrecovered and 1 missed deer. without counting shot opportunities we had 7 hunters shoot at 140 or better bucks out of 12 hunters. total shot opportunities were 3 hunters without opportunites and 9 hunters with atleast one shot opportunity on a 140 or better buck.

we had 3 heart pounding and unsuccessful stalks on pasture bucks (bedded with hot does). one was in the 170+ range, one was a 160+ bedded with 4 does and one 140+. we spotted a few others, but a stock was not possible.

we wanted to say thanks to all the A.T. hunters that hunted with us.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts