Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I am having some clearance issues on my Katera. Its set at 64lbs w/ a 27.5 in draw. I have a Ripcord set up on it and no matter what I do I am having fletching clearance issues.

I have tried cockfeather every which way and it still manages to rub the prongs. I dont really want to trim them because it would defeat the purpose of a full containment rest.

Any suggestions?

I am thinking of taking it off and switching to a limb driver.

·
BIRD HUNTER
11,179 Posts
Hey everyone,

I am having some clearance issues on my Katera. Its set at 64lbs w/ a 27.5 in draw. I have a Ripcord set up on it and no matter what I do I am having fletching clearance issues.

I have tried cockfeather every which way and it still manages to rub the prongs. I dont really want to trim them because it would defeat the purpose of a full containment rest.

Any suggestions?

I am thinking of taking it off and switching to a limb driver.
My guess is the rip cord is droping and then bounceing back up. I would put a QAD rest on it. I have set up several bows including my wifes katera with 24" draw . I found that on her's the qad was the only one that would work. had a rip cord on it and g5 and both had contact problems.good luck

·
Mark
5,226 Posts
Ripcord is a highley recommended rest and I have one on my Bowtech. Make sure thr rest doesn't raise until the last 1 to 1.5" of the draw. You can adjust this by adjusting the string length. If that seems to be set right then I would contact Ripcord for help. No need to jump ship and spend another $100 bucks on a rest if the problem is only adjustments.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ive adjusted the string and football multiple times. It appears to unlock in the last 1-1 1/2 inch of draw.

I just emailed Ripcord customer service and maybe the can help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts